- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- Hofstede, Gert Jan / Minkov, Michael
- 228 x 152 x 31 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 748 g
Du kanske gillar
Cultures and Organizations: Software of the Mind, Third Edition
Software for the Mind
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
Based on research conducted in more than seventy countries over a forty-year span,Cultures and Organizations examines what drives people apartwhen cooperationis so clearly in everyones interest. With major new contributions from MichaelMinkovs analysis of data from the World Values Survey, as well as an account ofthe evolution of cultures by Gert Jan Hofstede, this revised and expanded edition:
- Reveals the moral circles from which national societiesare built and the unexamined rules by which people think,feel, and act
- Explores how national cultures differ in the areas of inequality,assertiveness versus modesty, and tolerance for ambiguity
- Explains how organizational cultures differ from nationalculturesand how they can be managed
- Analyzes stereotyping, differences in language, cultural rootsof the 2008 economic crisis, and other intercultural dynamics
Bloggat om Cultures and Organizations: Software of t...
Geert Hofstede (Maastricht, the Netherlands) is professor emeritus of Organizational Anthropology and International Management at the University of Maastricht, the Netherlands. He is also is the founder and director emeritus of the Institute for Research on Intercultural Cooperation (IRIC). He is a world-renowned business anthropologist, and founded and managed the Personnel Research Department of IBM Europe. He is a consultant to business and government organizations in Europe, Asia, and North America. He recently became the first Dutch author elected as Fellow of the Academy of Management, an award shared by some of the most influential management authors of the last 50 years, including Peter Drucker, Rosabeth Moss Kanter, Henry Mintzberg, and Michael Porter. Hofstede is also Distinguished Scholar of the Academy of International Business, Fellow of the Academy of Management and Doctor Honoris Causa of Nyenrode University in the Netherlands. Gert-Jan Hofstede (Wageningen, the Netherlands), is a Ph.D. and a Professor at Wageningen University with extensive hands-on experience in teaching Intercultural Communication. Michael Minkov (Sofia, Bulgaria) is a Ph.D. and Principal Lecturer at International University College in Sofia, Bulgaria.