social psychology is one of the most intriguing and captivating areas of psychology, as it has a profound influence on our everyday lives; from our shopping habits to our interactions at a party. social psychology seeks to answer questions that we think and talk about with each other every day; questions such as:
- Why do some people behave differently when on their own, to when theyre with a group?
- What leads individuals sometimes to hurt and sometimes to help one another?
- Why are we attracted to certain types of people?
- How do some persuade others to do what they want?
the new edition of Social Psychology has been revised to introduce a more flexible structure for the teaching and studying of social psychology and includes up-to-date, international research in the area. There is an emphasis throughout on the critical evaluation of published research, in order to encourage critical thinking about the various topics. Applied examples across the chapters help to highlight the relevance, and hence the impact, that the theories and methods of this fascinating subject have upon the social world.
Key Features Include:
- research close-up: Following a brand new style, this feature matches the layout used in real research papers, providing an accessible introduction to journal articles and the research methods used by social psychologists.
- focus on: Fully revised from the previous edition, these boxes now look at opposing viewpoints, controversial research or alternative approaches to topics within social psychology, offering a more critical outlook on topics and prompting the questioning of the validity of published research.
- recommended readings: New to this edition, recommended further readings of both classic and contemporary literature have been added to each chapter, providing a springboard for further consideration of the topic.
Connect Psychology is McGraw-Hills digital learning and teaching environment.
Students You get easy online access to homework, tests and quizzes designed by your instructor. You get immediate feedback on how youre doing, making it the perfect platform to test your knowledge.
Lecturers It gives you the power to create auto-graded assignments, tests and quizzes online. The detailed visual reporting allows you to easily monitor your students progress. In addition, you can still access key support materials for your teaching, including a testbank, seminar materials and lecture support.
visit: http://connect.mcgraw-hill.com for more details.
Det finns 1 recension av Social Psychology. Sätt betyg och recensera.
Lisa, 29 december 2014
Den här boken ingick som kurslitteratur i psykologi på A-nivå men kan även vara intressant för den som har ett generellt intresse för ämnet psykologi. Intressant, lättfattlig akademisk engelska som tydligt förklarar teorier och exemplifierar. Läsvärd!
Fler böcker av David Myers
Bloggat om Social Psychology
David Myers is the John Dirk Werkman Professor of Psychology at Hope College where he has taught for the past 30 years. David Myers' love of teaching psychology has been rewarded by students on many occasions with numerous Outstanding Professor awards. An award-winning researcher, Dr. Myers received the Gordon Allport Prize from Division 9 of the American Psychological Association for his work on group polarization. His scientific articles have appeared in more than two dozen journals, including Science, American Scientist, Psychological Bulletin, and Psychological Science. He has served his discipline as consulting editor to the Journal of Experimental Social Psychology and the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.
1. Introducing Social Psychology
2. Research Methods in Social Psychology
3. The Self
4. Social Beliefs and Judgements
5. Attitudes and Behaviours
7. Conformity and Obedience
9. Attraction and Intimacy
11. Small Group Processes
12. Social Categorization and Social Identity
13. Prejudice, Intergroup Relations and Conflict
14. Genes, Culture and Gender