The Business Environment
Ian Worthington and Chris Britton
In a fast-paced and constantly changing world, it is more important than ever to have a sound appreciation of the context in which business organisations exist and operate. Now in its sixth edition, this bestselling textbook offers a comprehensive, yet accessible, introduction to the wide range of external influences that affect business operations and decisions in todays increasingly globalised world.
How do changing, and often unpredictable, economic or political conditions impact on business?
What role do environmental responsibility and ethics have to play in business decisions?
How are business organisations affected by globalisation?
Using well-known examples and case studies from a broad range of organisations, this sixth edition of The Business Environment addresses these key questions and many more. A brand new chapter on the global context of business, together with new International Business in Action case studies, illustrates the global nature of todays world of business.
- Explore all the issues which are critical to understanding the business environment and learn how these impact on organisations of all types and size.
- Benefit from up-to-date information and accessible analysis of both the macro- and micro-environmental influences that affect business organisations today.
- Put theory into practice, using case studies on organisations includingTata Motors, GlaxoSmithKline, Mars, VW, JCB, Toyota and Sony and issues such as global food prices, productivity and EU enlargement.
Ian Worthington is Professor of Corporate Sustainability, and Chris Britton is Principal Lecturer, in the Department of Strategy and Management at Leicester Business School, De Montfort University.
Bli först att betygsätta och recensera boken The Business Environment.
Fler böcker inom
- Häftad (paperback)
- Språk: Engelska
- Antal sidor: 544
- Utg.datum: 2009-07-02
- Upplaga: 6
- Förlag: Financial Times/ Prentice Hall
- Medarbetare: Britton, Chris
- Illustratör/Fotograf: colour maps Illustrations
- Illustrationer: col. Illustrations
- Dimensioner: 264 x 198 x 27 mm
- Vikt: 1146 g
- Antal komponenter: 1
- ISBN: 9780273716754
Fler böcker av Ian Worthington
Bloggat om The Business Environment
Ian Worthington is Professor of Corporate Sustainability and Chris Britton a Principal Lecturer in the Department of Strategy and Management at Leicester Business School, De Montfort University.
1. Business organisations: the external environment
2. Business organisations: the internal environment
3. The global context of business
International Application: The Car Industry
4. The political environment
5. The macroeconomic environment
6. The demographic, social and cultural context of business
7. The resource context: people, technology and natural resources
8. The legal environment
9. The ethical and ecological environment
International Application: Migration
10. Legal structures
11. Size and struture of firms
12. Industrial Structure
13. Government and business
International Application: A Lot of Bottle
14. The market system
15. Market Structure
16. International markets and trade
17. Governments and markets
International Aplpication: The Global Financial Crisis
18. The business environment and strategic management