Bli först att betygsätta och recensera boken The Struggle Over Democracy in the Middle East.
- Häftad (paperback)
- Språk: Engelska
- Antal sidor: 216
- Utg.datum: 2009-10-16
- Förlag: Routledge
- Medarbetare: Shahin, Emad El-Din
- Illustrationer: 6 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white tables, 6 black & white line drawings
- Dimensioner: 228 x 152 x 12 mm
- Vikt: 362 g
- Antal komponenter: 1
- Komponenter: 49:B&W 6.14 x 9.21 in or 234 x 156 mm (Royal 8vo) Perfect Bound on White w/Gloss Lam
- ISBN: 9780415773805
Bloggat om The Struggle Over Democracy in the Middle East
Nathan J. Brown is a Professor of Political Science and International Affairs at the George Washington University, where he is the director of the Institute for Middle East Studies. He also serves as a Non-resident Senior Associate at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. Emad El-Din Shahin is a Visiting Associate Professor in the Department of Government at Harvard University; faculty affiliate at the Kennedy School of Government, the Dubai Initiative; and Associate Professor at the Political Science Department at the American University in Cairo.
1. Introduction Nathan J. Brown and Emad El-Din Shahin Part 1: The View From Outside: External Efforts at Democracy Promotion 2. New Wine in Old Bottles? American Efforts to Promote Democracy in the Arab World Nathan J. Brown and Amy Hawthorne 3. Democracy and Security in the Middle East Richard Youngs 4. The Fantasy of Arab Democracy without a Constituency Walid Kazziha 5. Democracy and Faith: The Continuum of Political Islam Azza Karam Part 2: Country Studies 6. Transformations in Eastern Europe and Lessons for the Middle East Shlomo Avineri 7. Democratic Transformation in Egypt: Controlled Reforms ... Frustrated Hopes Emad El-Din Shahin 8. The Myth of the Democratizing Monarchy Shadi Hamid 9. Democracy in Lebanon: The Primacy of the Sectarian System Bassel Salloukh 10. Democracy, Islam and Secularism in Turkey Ersin Kalaycioglu 11. Conclusion Nathan J. Brown and Emad El-Din Shahin