John Arnold and Ray Randall et al.
Now in its sixth edition, Work Psychology is an accessible and fascinating examination of human behaviour in todays workplace, written by authors who are all experts in their fields. Substantially updated with new material that reflects current research and debate in the area, the text retains its popular blend of theory, research and engaging examples.
Covering a broad range of core topics, this text is suitable for undergraduate students in business, management, and psychology as well as those studying for professional qualifications.
This new sixth edition offers you:
- A clear and consistent structure, including an opening and closing case study and other exercises within each chapter to help you to apply what youve learnt.
- Attractive full-colour design that aids navigation and enlivens the text.
- Extensive coverage of cross-cultural issues that reflects the increasingly global context of work.
- Learning outcomes, long and short self-test questions, a glossary, annotated further reading and weblinks to enable your learning within and beyond the textbook.
- All the latest research and hot topics in the field of work psychology.
- A new Key debate feature that directs you to key controversies and contemporary debate around work psychology today.
- A new Research methods in focus feature that de-mystifies and illustrates with examples the use of strong research methods in practice.
- A new Point of integration feature which clearly links the theories between chapters, allowing for a greater understanding of the topic as a whole.
- Additional material for lecturers is available at www.pearsoned.co.uk/workpsych
Written and edited by authors who are all expert teachers and researchers in their fields, Work Psychology offers a clear and authoritative introduction to human behaviour in the workplace.
John Arnold is Professor of Organisational Behaviour in the School of Business and Economics at Loughborough University.
Ray Randall is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Business and Economics at Loughborough University.
With expert contributions from co-authors:
Fiona Patterson Founder Director of the Work Psychology Group, Principal Researcher the University of Cambridge and Visiting Professorship at City University London.
Joanne Silvester Professor of Psychology, Cass Business School, City University London.
Ivan Robertson Founder Director of Robertson Cooper Ltd and Emeritus Professor of Work & Organizational Ps...
Bli först att betygsätta och recensera boken Work Psychology.
- Häftad (paperback)
- Språk: Engelska
- Antal sidor: 808
- Utg.datum: 2016-04-22
- Upplaga: 6
- Förlag: FT Publishing International
- Medarbetare: Randall, Ray / Patterson, Fiona / Silvester, Joanne / Robertson, Ivan / Cooper, Cary / Burnes, Bernard / Harris, Don / Axtell, Carolyn
- Dimensioner: 265 x 195 x 25 mm
- Vikt: 1445 g
- Antal komponenter: 1
- ISBN: 9781292063409
Fler böcker av John Arnold
Bloggat om Work Psychology
Chapter 1 An Introduction to Work Psychology
Chapter 2 Applying Research in Practice
Chapter 3 Individual Differences
Chapter 4 Work Attitudes
Chapter 5 Personnel selection
Chapter 6 Assessing Performance
Chapter 7 Work Motivation and Job Design
Chapter 8 Design at Work
Chapter 9 Training and Development
Chapter 10 Work-related Stress and Health
Chapter 11 The Positive Impact of Work
Chapter 12 Groups, teams and teamwork
Chapter 13 Leadership
Chapter 14: Careers and Career Management
Chapter 15: Culture and Change
Chapter 16: Communication Technology