This collection captures Porter's unique ability to bridge theory and practice. Each of the articles has not only shaped thinking, but also redefined the work of practitioners in its respective field. In an insightful new introduction, Porter relates each article to the whole of his thinking about competition and value creation, and traces how that thinking has deepened over time.
This collection is organized by topic, allowing the reader easy access to the wide range of Porter's work. Parts I and II present the frameworks for which Porter is best known frameworks that address how companies, as well as nations and regions, gain and sustain competitive advantage. Part III shows how strategic thinking can address society's most pressing challenges, from environmental sustainability to improving health-care delivery. Part IV explores how both nonprofits and corporations can create value for society more effeapplying strategy principles to philanthropy. Part V explores the link between Strategy and Leadership
Bli först att betygsätta och recensera boken On Competition.
Fler böcker av Michael E Porter
Bloggat om On Competition
Michael E. Porter is the Bishop William Lawrence University Professor at Harvard Business School. He is the author of seventeen books and numerous articles.
Part I Competitive Strategy: Core Concepts
1. The Five Competitive Forces That Shape Strategy (January 2008 HBR Version)
2. What Is Strategy?
3. How Information Gives You Competitive Advantage
4. Strategy and the Internet (NEW TO THIS EDITION, 2001 HBR article)
5. From Competitive Advantage to Corporate Strategy
Part II The Competitiveness of Locations
6. The Competitive Advantage of Nations
7. Clusters and Competition: New Agendas for Companies, Governments, and Institutions
8. Competing Across Locations: Enhancing Competitive Advantage through a Global Strategy
Part III Competitive Solutions to Societal Problems
9. Green and Competitive: Ending the Stalemate
10. The Competitive Advantage of the Inner City
11. Redefining Competition in Health Care (NEW TO THIS EDITION, 2004 HBR article)
Part IV Strategy, Philanthropy, and Corporate Social Responsibility
12. Philanthropys New Agenda: Creating Value (1999 HBR article)
13. The Competitive Advantage of Corporate Philanthropy (2002 HBR article)
14. Strategy and Society: The Link Between Competitive Advantage and Corporate Social Responsibility
Part V Leadership
15. Seven Surprises for New CEOs (2004 HBR article)