Outside of the world of enterprise computing, there is one database that enables a huge range of software and hardware to flex relational database capabilities, without the baggage and cost of traditional database management systems. That database is SQLitean embeddable database with an amazingly small footprint, yetable to handle databases of enormous size. SQLite comes equipped with an array of powerful features available through a host of programming and development environments. It is supported by languages such as C, Java, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, TCL, and more.
The Definitive Guide to SQLite, Second Edition is devoted to complete coverage of the latest version of this powerful database. It offers a thorough overview of SQLites capabilities and APIs. The book also uses SQLite as the basis for helping newcomers make their first foray into database development. In only a short time you can be writing programs as diverse as a server-side browser plug-in or the next great iPhone or Android application!
- Learn about SQLite extensions for C, Java, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, and Tcl.
- Get solid coverage of SQLite internals.
- Explore developing iOS (iPhone) and Android applications with SQLite.
What youll learn
- Deploy SQLite as the database engine for iPhone and Android applications.
- Interact with SQLite from Java, C++, PHP, and other key languages.
- Create robust database designs, taking advantage ofsupport for primary and foreign key constraints.
- Embed zero-maintenance databases directly within applications that you write.
- Improve performance through a good understanding of SQLite internals.
- Exploit features such as the shared cache, the SQL Logic Test Suite, the Unlock and Notify APIs, and query plan improvements.
Who this book is for
The Definitive Guide to SQLiteis for developers needing a zero-maintenance database solution to deploy as an embedded component within their product. The book is especially useful for mobile developers delivering applications to run on the iPhone, or on the Android platform. PHP developers will also find the book useful if they are using the default database delivered as part of a PHP installation.
Table of Contents
- Introducing SQLite
- Getting Started
- SQL for SQLite
- Advanced SQL for SQLite
- SQLite Design and Concepts
- The Core C API
- The Extension C API
- Language Extensions
- iOS Development with SQLite
- Android Devel...
(Computer Bookshops Limited)
Bli först att betygsätta och recensera boken The Definitive Guide to SQLite.