- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- O'REILLY & ASSOCIATES
- black & white illustrations
- 228 x 152 x 19 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 326 g
Du kanske gillar
Shipping Greatness: Practical Lessons on Building and Launching Outstanding Software, Learned on the Job at Google and Amazon
Lessons in Leadership from Amazon and Google
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
In the first part of the book, youll learn a step-by-step shipping process used by many of the best teams at Google and Amazon. Part II shows you the techniques, best practices, and skills you need to face an array of challenges in product, program, project, and engineering management.
- Clearly define your product and develop your mission and strategy
- Assemble your team and understand enough about systems to communicate with them
- Create a beautiful, intuitive, and simple user experience
- Track your teams deliverables and closely manage the testing process
- Communicate clearly to gracefully handle requests, senior-management interactions, and feedback from various sources
- Build metrics to track progress, spot problems, and celebrate success
- Stick to your launch checklist and plan for marketing and PR
Fler böcker av Chris Vander Mey
Chris Vander Mey
Need a shortcut to a degree in shipping great software? Successful team leaders must have an extremely broad skill set to find the right product, work through a complex and ever-changing development process, and do it all incredibly quickly. In th...
Bloggat om Shipping Greatness: Practical Lessons on ...
Chris Vander Mey is a former Google product manager and Amazon engineering manager, and has held multiple roles in small startups. He has a Master of Engineering Management from Dartmouth College and a BS in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Virginia. He started writing code two decades ago and has shipped software to hundreds of millions of consumers and businesses.