- Inbunden (hardback)
- Språk: Engelska
- Antal sidor: 284
- Utg.datum: 2011-02-17
- Förlag: Springer London Ltd
- Illustratör/Fotograf: 90 schwarz-weiße Abbildungen
- Illustrationer: 86 black & white illustrations, 4 colour illustrations
- Dimensioner: 234 x 158 x 19 mm
- Vikt: 544 g
- Antal komponenter: 1
- ISBN: 9781849964104
Bloggat om Frontiers in Fusion Research
Mitsuru Kikuchi took his PhD at University of Tokyo in 1981 and has been working at JAEA on magnetic confinement fusion, especially on tokamak systems. He worked for 23 years in Japanese large tokamak JT-60 and was director of JT-60 for the last two years and explored steady state operation of tokamaks. He has also worked in reactor design and strategic planning of fusion development. He is currently chairman of the board of editors of the Nuclear Fusion Journal, visiting professor at Kyushu University and guest professor at Osaka University.
1. Sun on the Earth: Endless Energy from Hydrogen.- 2. Hydrogen Fusion: Light Nuclei and Theory of Fusion Reactions.- 3. Confinement Bottle: Topology of Magnetic Bottle and Force Equilibrium.- 4. Charged Particle Motion: Lagrange-Hamilton Orbital Dynamics.- 5. Plasma Kinetic Theory: Collective Equation in Phase Space.- 6. Magneto Hydromagnetic Stability: Energy Principle, Flow and Dissipation.- 7. Wave Dynamics: Propagation and Resonance in Inhomogeneous Plasma.- 8. Collisional Transport: Neoclassical Transport in a Torus.- 9. Plasma Turbulence: Self-organized Criticality and Its Local Relaxation.- 10. Towards the Realization of Fusion Energy.