The key features of the book are:
- Explanation of the confusing emotion of anger in simple terms, including the physiology of anger and its deleterious effects.
- Detail anger management techniques for individuals, family, school and workplace.
- Easy tips to master anger where chronic anger and unhappiness translates into negative human behavior: abusive love relationships, dating violence, date rape, drug abuse, driving aggression, robbery, gambling, suicidal ideation, sensation seeking and other impulse control behaviors.
- A to Z tips for self-management of anger.
- How to reconstruct their negative thoughts, feelings and behaviors with emphasis on therapeutic intervention for serious anger problems.
This book provides useful tips on mastering the art of anger management. Its lucid narration and the use of cartoons and illustrations make it an interesting, entertaining and effective read for professionals as well as lay persons, Physicians, psychiatrists, psychologists, and counselors can also recommend this book to their patients.
Bli först att betygsätta och recensera boken .
- Häftad (paperback)
- Språk: Engelska
- Antal sidor: 220
- Utg.datum: 2009-09-10
- Upplaga: 1
- Förlag: SAGE Publications Pvt. Ltd
- Medarbetare: Saini, Sunil
- Illustrationer: Illustrations
- Dimensioner: 215 x 139 x 12 mm
- Vikt: 272 g
- Antal komponenter: 1
- ISBN: 9788132100850
Fler böcker av Swati Y Bhave
Swati Y. Bhave, Visiting Consultant, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, is an internationally known pediatrician and adolescent specialist. She is Executive Director of an NGOAssociation of Adolescent and Child Care in India (AACCI). She has been the President of Indian Academy of Pediatrics (IAP ) in 2000 and presently holds the post of coordinator in the International Pediatric Association (IPA). She is also a member of the Technical Steering Committee ( TSC) of the child and adolescent section of WHO, Geneva. She is a former Professor of Pediatrics in BJ Medical College, Pune and Associate Professor in Grant Medical College, Mumbai. She has also worked as a Senior Consultant and PG teacher at the Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences. She has many medical books to her credit specially in adolescent health and her current interest is adolescent mental health. She has also written books for the layman and participated in many shows on TV and given radio talks. She was Editor of the Asian Journal of Pediatric Practice from 19942008.
Sunil Saini is doing research work in the Department of Applied Psychology, GJUS&T, Hisar, Haryana, and has a lot of research experience on anger and anger related problems. He has published about 40 research papers in national and international journals and has edited a book with Dr Swati Bhave. He is currently Associate Executive Editor of the journal Indian Psychologist.
PART ONE: ANGER, CAUSES, EXPRESSIONS AND TYPES Introduction Anger Experience Anger Expression Measurement of Anger Expression Types of Anger Marital Anger Gender and Anger Expression Childhood Anger Family Structure and Effect on Anger Effects of Domestic Violence Parenting Style and Anger Generation Child Abuse and Anger Generation Adolescent Anger Youth Anger Uncontrolled Anger Causes of Anger Negative Emotions and Anger Effects of Various Personalities and Perceptions Environmental Factors and Anger PART TWO: VARIOUS EFFECTS OF ANGER ON PEOPLE Anger and Physiological Problems The AHA-syndrome Anger and Physical Health Anger and Psychological Problems Anger and Behavioral Problems PART THREE: DEALING WITH ANGER Anger Management Anger Management Tips for Self-improvement A to Z tips for Anger Management Anger Management in Family Anger Management in School Anger Management at Workplace Therapeutic Intervention for Management of Anger Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy Anger Management Intervention Children's Self-management of Academic Behaviour Family Anger Management Intervention