a guide from conception to 16 years.
Embraced by hundreds of thousands of parents across Europe and Scandinavia, For the Love of Children (Barnaboken) is now available in English. Drawing from her experience as a mother of nine, grandmother of fourteen and an educator and friend to thousands of parents over the last 30 years, Anna Wahlgren's For the Love of Children ranges from the practicalities of the physical care of an infant right through to preparing the grown child for leaving home.
Written with candor, affection and humor, For the Love of Children offers comprehensive, meaningful and practical information and guidance on the myriad of issues facing todays and tomorrows parents. Just a few examples are:
- relaxation, breathing and muscle training exercises in preparation for labor
- bathing, feeding, changing and calming an infant
- enabling any child of any age to sleep through the night
- understanding and handling tantrums (at any age)
- establishing structure in everyday life
- encouraging self-reliance and independence through solitary play and social participation
- how and when to "bring up" your child
- eliminating sibling rivalry
- doing the right thing for your child if your marriage breaks down
- coping as a sole parent
With a combination of step-by-step instructions, stories and poems from Anna's own life, as well as examples from her observations and interactions with thousands of children over the last three decades, For the Love of Children provides parents with the information, inspiration and confidence to create and maintain a flock where children can enjoy life and be enjoyed.
Born in 1942, Anna Wahlgren is a Swedish writer, author, mother of nine and grandmother of fourteen. For the past 30 years she has been a parent educator and a child advocate and is an active and often controversial participant in the public debate on child rearing. She is one of the most trusted authorities on children in Scandinavia and is renowned for her sleeping "cure" A Good Nights Sleep (GNS) - which has enabled thousands of sleep-deprived children (and parents) to sleep through the night.
Bli först att betygsätta och recensera boken For the love of children : childcare and child rearing 0-16 years.
Fler böcker inom
- Språk: Engelska
- Antal sidor: 726
- Utg.datum: 2009-08-07
- Upplaga: 1
- Förlag: Anna Wahlgren
- Översättare: Bruce Junkin
- Originaltitel: Barnaboken
- Medarbetare: Essen, Christian von (form)
- Illustratör/Fotograf: Gunnar Haglund
- Dimensioner: 246 x 167 x 35 mm
- Vikt: 1420 g
- SAB: Dofa,Vh
- ISBN: 9789197773621
Fler böcker av Anna Wahlgren