Your Ultimate "How-To" Guide to C++ Programming!
Legendary programming author Herb Schildt shares some of his favorite programming techniques in this high-powered C++ "cookbook." Organized for quick reference, each "recipe" shows how to accomplish a practical programming task. A recipe begins with a list of key ingredients (classes, functions, and headers) followed by step-by-step instructions that show how to assemble them into a complete solution. Detailed discussions explain the how and why behind each step, and a full code example puts the recipe into action. Each recipe ends with a list of options and alternatives that suggest ways to adapt the technique to fit a variety of situations. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced pro, you'll find recipes that are sure to satisfy your C++ programming appetite!
String Handling · Standard Template Library (STL) Containers · Algorithms · Function Objects · Binders · Negators · Adaptors · Iterators · I/O · Formatting Data
Learn how to:
- Tokenize a null-terminated string
- Create a search and replace function for strings
- Implement subtraction for string objects
- Use the vector, deque, and list sequence containers
- Use the container adaptors stack, queue, and priority_queue
- Use the map, multimap, set, and multiset associative containers
- Reverse, rotate, and shuffle a sequence
- Create a function object
- Use binders, negators, and iterator adapters
- Read and write files
- Use stream iterators to handle file I/O
- Use exceptions to handle I/O errors
- Create custom inserters and extractors
- Format date, time, and numeric data
- Use facets and the localization library
- Overload the [ ], ( ), and ->...