- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- McGraw-Hill Education / Medical
- 228 x 152 x 6 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 99 g
Du kanske gillar
Practical Patient Literacy: The Medagogy Model
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
Laddas ned direkt709
in this unique guide, dr. melissa stewart explains her patient-centered medagogy conceptual framework, which tracks the flow of information throughout the patient education process, from information to delivery to action. not only does the medagogy model help patients understand their illness and become their own best healthcare advocate, it is the cornerstone of effective multidisciplinary patient education.
dr. stewarts patient literacy work and her understanding personal perception (upp) tool were incorporated into the center for medicare and medicaid services (cms) 9th scope of work care transitions pilot. the quality initiative organization, which used dr. stewarts work in this program, was acknowledged by the cms with a national award for their outstanding contribution to the field of healthcare.
- Unique focus on Medagogy, the authors proven patient literacy model that has reduced patients readmissions to hospitals and has applied a reliable, robust methodology to individual and interdisciplinary patient literacy efforts
- Practical patient orientation clarifies how patients can assert their healthcare goals and knowledge, helping them assume their rightful position in the planning and management of their treatment
- In-depth discussion of pedagogy and andragogytwo theoretical frameworks that support human learning strategiesand how they can be used to teach different patients and accommodate their particular educational needs
- Guidance on how to understand the patients emotional state and grieving process while receiving healthcare
- Handy tools such as the Patient Education Hierarchy, Informational Seasons, the PITS model and the UPP tool that can add direction to individual and/or team patient education efforts.
- Case studies, numerous illustrations and figures, chapter summaries, and full references
Fler böcker av Melissa Stewart
Bloggat om Practical Patient Literacy: The Medagogy ...
Melissa N. Stewart is an Instructor at Our Lady of the Lake School of Nursing in Baton Rouge, and also teaches at Southern University and the University of Phoenix. She is also a Program Developer for the Organization of Patient Educators. She developed her model for Patient Education for her Doctoral thesis. She has presented the model and trained nurse administrators for a number of associations, hospitals, and schools, including the American Nurses Credentialing Center, which is an umbrella organization of the American Nurses Association, and grants magnet status to hospitals.
Practical Patient Literacy: The Medagogy ModelSection I: Shifting the Focus to the PatientChapter 1: The Problem of Health Literacy
Chapter 2: The Patients Perspective
Chapter 3: Education Theory
Section II: Effective Teaching and Learning
Chapter 4: Information Exchange
Chapter 5: The Science and Theories of Learning
Chapter 6: Health Promotion Theories
Section III: Patient Knowledge
Chapter 7: Patient Learning
Chapter 8: Informational Seasons of Knowledge
Chapter 9: The Brain and Memory
Section IV: Information Delivery Methodology
Chapter 10: The PITS Model
Chapter 11: The Medagogy Conceptual Framework
Chapter 12: The UPP Tool: Assessing Patient Knowledge
Appendix A: The UPP Tool Pilot
Appendix B: Lauries Story from the Care Transitions' Pilot