- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- McGraw-Hill Education TAB
- Pohlmann, Ken
- 228 x 177 x 50 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 952 g
Du kanske gillar
Master Handbook of Acoustics, Sixth Edition
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
Laddas ned direkt779
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
The most complete and current guide to architectural acoustics principles and practicesdesign and construct audiophile-quality sonic environments of all sizes--from home theaters and project studios to large-scale recording studios. thoroughly revised to include new acoustical design techniques, Master Handbook of Acoustics, Sixth Edition, explains the art and science of room acoustics and architecture by combining theoretical instruction with matter-of-fact engineering advice.
written by renowned experts in the field and refined through several editions, this fully updated classic describes the fundamentals of acoustical properties, as well as the latest solutions to acoustical problems. throughout, this authoritative text provides clear explanations, describes hands-on techniques, and features numerous room designs that can be built as presented, or adapted to your particular needs.
- Understand how sound waves travel in free fields and in enclosed spaces
- Learn how human sound perception and psychoacoustics affect room design
- Calculate and predict reflections, reverberation times, and room modes
- Perform acoustical measurements and site surveys, and choose construction materials
- Design, build, and install treatment modules to optimize early reflections, reverberation, and diffusion
- Design and build home theaters, home studios, control rooms, recording studios, and other acoustically sensitive spaces
- Reduce HVAC noise levels, and achieve excellent sound isolation with proven wall, window, and door designs
- Understand the acoustics of auditoriums and concert halls
- Utilize the supplied cost-effective plans and specifications for a variety of recording and listening rooms
Fler böcker av F Alton Everest
Bloggat om Master Handbook of Acoustics, Sixth Edition
F. Alton Everest is a legend in the world of sound. The creator of numerous technical innovations, and the author of scores of books and scholarly papers, he has been a leader in television engineering, sound recording, motion pictures, radio, and multimedia. A co-founder and director of the Science Film Production division of the Moody Institute of Science, he was also a section chief of the Subsea Sound Research section of the University of California. An educator who has taught at several leading institutions, he has consulted on acoustics to numerous industries for nearly 30 years. Having touched many of the technical highlights of the 20th century, he celebrated his 90th birthday in 1999. He and his wife live in Santa Barbara, California.
Ken C. Pohlmann is Professor and Chairman of the Music Engineering program at the University of Miami at Coral Gables, FL. He is also the President of Hammer Laboratories. He has written over 800 articles on audio topics, speaks all over the world, and received the Audio Engineering Societys Fellowship Award for his work.
1. Fundamentals of Sound
2. Sound Levels and the Decibel
3. Sound in the Free Field
4. The Perception of Sound
5. Signals, Speech, Music, and Noise
10. Comb-Filter Effects
13. Modal Resonances
14. Schroeder Diffusers
15. Adjustable Acoustics
16. Control of Interfering Noise
17. Noise Control in Ventilating System
18. Acoustic Design of Home Listening Rooms
19. Acoustics of Small Recording Studios
20. Personal Project D.J. Studio
21. Acoustics of Control Rooms
22. Acoustics of Audio/Video Rooms
23. Acoustics of Large Halls
24. Room Acoustics Measurement Software
25. Room Auralization