- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- Updated & Revise
- MORGAN KAUFMANN
- Approx. 390 illustrations
- 235 x 190 x 25 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 3:B&W 7.5 x 9.25 in or 235 x 191 mm Perfect Bound on White w/Gloss Lam
- 800 g
Du kanske gillar
GUI Bloopers 2.0
Common User Interface Design Don'ts and Dosav Jeff Johnson339Skickas inom 10-15 vardagar.
Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 159 kr för privatpersoner.Finns även som
Is your application or Web site ready for prime time?
Laddas ned direkt369
A major revision of a classic reference, GUI Bloopers 2.0 looks at user interface design bloopers from commercial software, Web sites, Web applications, and information appliances, explaining how intelligent, well-intentioned professionals make these mistakes--and how you can avoid them. While equipping you with the minimum of theory, GUI expert Jeff Johnson presents the reality of interface design in an entertaining, anecdotal, and instructive way.
* Updated to reflect the bloopers that are common today, incorporating many comments and suggestions from first edition readers.
* Takes a learn-by-example approach that teaches how to avoid common errors.
* Covers bloopers in a wide range of categories: GUI controls, graphic design and layout, text messages, interaction strategies, Web site design -- including search, link, and navigation, responsiveness issues, and management decision-making.
* Organized and formatted so information needed is quickly found, the new edition features call-outs for the examples and informative captions to enhance quick knowledge building.
* Hundreds of illustrations: both the DOs and the DON'Ts for each topic covered, with checklists and additional bloopers on www.gui-bloopers.com.
Passar bra ihop
De som köpt den här boken har ofta också köpt Clean Code: A Handbook Of Agile Software Crafts... av Robert C Martin (häftad).Köp båda 2 för 810 kr
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av Jeff Johnson
Recensioner i media
"GUI Bloopers 2.0 is an extremely useful book for any software developer or interaction designer. If you have never made any of these mistakes, it's because you have never designed a UI. If anything, these bloopers are even more common now than when version 1.0 was published, so the need for the book has only increased." --Jakob Nielsen, Principal Nielsen Norman Group (www.nngroup.com) <br>"This is the most entertaining design book I've read. Jeff Johnson has once again done a fabulous job of reminding us about all the silly design mistakes we can make and giving us great advice on how to avoid them in our own designs." --Jared M. Spool, Founding Principal, User Interface Engineering <br>"The second edition of GUI Bloopers is that true rarity: a sequel to something great that's even better than the original. (Think Godfather II.) While Jeff could have settled for just updating the examples, as near as I can tell he's rewritten nearly the entire book, and it shows. The organization is terrific, the insights are easier to grasp, and above all, the writing is leaner. If you ever picked it up in the past and ended up not plunking down your money, definitely take another look. It's gone from a great book to an excellent one." --Steve Krug, Advanced Common Sense
Jeff Johnson is president and principal consultant at UI Wizards, Inc., a product usability consulting firm (www.uiwizards.com). He has worked in the field of Human-Computer Interaction since 1978--as software designer and implementer, usability tester, manager, researcher at several computer and telecommunications companies, and consultant. In the course of his career, he has written many articles, cowritten several books, and given numerous presentations on a variety of topics in Human-Computer Interaction.
First Principles; GUI Control Bloopers; Navigation Bloopers; Textual Bloopers; Graphic Design & Layout Bloopers; Interaction Bloopers; Responsiveness Bloopers; Management Bloopers; Web Appendix - Color Bloopers; Appendices