- Inbunden (Hardback)
- Antal sidor
- Academic Press
- M.Ross, Sheldon
- Approx 140 illustrations
- Approx. 140 illustrations
- 254 x 209 x 38 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 1569 g
Du kanske gillar
Introduction to Probability and Statistics for Engineers and Scientists
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
Real data from actual studies across life science, engineering, computing and business are incorporated in a wide variety of exercises and examples throughout the text. These examples and exercises are combined with updated problem sets and applications to connect probability theory to everyday statistical problems and situations. The book also contains end of chapter review material that highlights key ideas as well as the risks associated with practical application of the material. Furthermore, there are new additions to proofs in the estimation section as well as new coverage of Pareto and lognormal distributions, prediction intervals, use of dummy variables in multiple regression models, and testing equality of multiple population distributions.
This text is intended for upper level undergraduate and graduate students taking a course in probability and statistics for science or engineering, and for scientists, engineers, and other professionals seeking a reference of foundational content and application to these fields.
- Clear exposition by a renowned expert author
- Real data examples that use significant real data from actual studies across life science, engineering, computing and business
- End of Chapter review material that emphasizes key ideas as well as the risks associated with practical application of the material
- 25% New Updated problem sets and applications, that demonstrate updated applications to engineering as well as biological, physical and computer science
- New additions to proofs in the estimation section
- New coverage of Pareto and lognormal distributions, prediction intervals, use of dummy variables in multiple regression models, and testing equality of multiple population distributions.
Fler böcker av Sheldon M Ross
Recensioner i media
"...the book is intended for an introductory course, and assumes elementary calculus." --Gazette of the Australian Mathematical Society
Bloggat om Introduction to Probability and Statistic...
Dr. Sheldon M. Ross is a professor in the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at the University of Southern California. He received his PhD in statistics at Stanford University in 1968. He has published many technical articles and textbooks in the areas of statistics and applied probability. Among his texts are A First Course in Probability, Introduction to Probability Models, Stochastic Processes, and Introductory Statistics. Professor Ross is the founding and continuing editor of the journal Probability in the Engineering and Informational Sciences. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics, a Fellow of INFORMS, and a recipient of the Humboldt US Senior Scientist Award.
Preface Ch1 Introduction to Statistics Ch2 Descriptive Statistics Ch3 Elements of Probability Ch4 Random Variables and Expectation Ch5 Special Random Variables Ch6 Distributions of Sampling Statistics Ch7 Parameter Estimation Ch8 Hypothesis Testing Ch9 Regression Ch10 Analysis of Variance Ch11 Goodness of Fit Tests and Categorical Data Analysis Ch12 non parametric HypothesisTests Ch13 Quality Control Ch14 LifeTesting Ch15 Simulation, Bootstrap Statistical Methods, and Permutation Tests Appendix of Tables