- Inbunden (Hardback)
- Antal sidor
- Kienberger, Stefan / Alexander, David
- 234 x 155 x 18 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 545 g
Du kanske gillar
Yuval Noah HarariHäftad
Stephen MarshakMixed media product
Assessment of Vulnerability to Natural Hazards
A European Perspective889
Finns även som
- Skickas inom 10-15 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 199 kr för privatpersoner.
Assessment of Vulnerability to Natural Hazards covers the vulnerability of human and environmental systems to climate change and eight natural hazards: earthquakes, floods, landslides, avalanches, forest fires, drought, coastal erosion, and heat waves.
Laddas ned direkt1269
This book is an important contribution to the field, clarifying terms and investigating the nature of vulnerability to hazards in general and in various specific European contexts. In addition, this book helps improve understanding of vulnerability and gives thorough methodologies for investigating situations in which people and their environments are vulnerable to hazards. With case studies taken from across Europe, the underlying theoretical frame is transferrable to other geographical contexts, making the content relevant worldwide.
- Provides a framework of theory and methodology designed to help researchers and practitioners understand the phenomenon of vulnerability to natural hazards and disasters and to climate change
- Contains case studies that illustrate how to apply the methodology in different ways to diverse hazards in varied settings (rural, urban, coastal, mountain, and more)
- Describes how to validate the results of methodology application in different situations and how to respond to the needs of diverse groups of stakeholders represented by the public and private sectors, civil society, researchers, and academics
Passar bra ihop
De som köpt den här boken har ofta också köpt Mathematics Handbook - for Science and Engineering av Lennart Råde, Bertil Westergren, Frank Wikström (kartonnage).Köp båda 2 för 1369 kr
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
1. Theoretical framework for the assessment of vulnerability to natural hazards and climate change [in Europe]
2. Holistic Evaluation of Seismic Risk in Barcelona
3. Holistic Approach to Assess Vulnerability to Floods at Two Different Scales in the Salzach River Basin, Austria
4. Vulnerability to Earthquakes and Floods of the Healthcare System in Florence, Italy
5. Vulnerability to Heatwaves, Floods and Earthquakes in an Urban Area: Test Case in Cologne, Germany
6. Vulnerability to Drought and Heatwave in London: Revealing Institutionally Configured Risk
7. Comprehensive Vulnerability Assessment of Forest Fires and Coastal Erosion: Evidence from Case-Study Analysis in Portugal
8. Vulnerability to Heatwaves, Floods and Mass Movements in Mountainous Terrain: Test Cases in South Tyrol
9. Discussion of applicability and the constraints of the framework for assessing vulnerability in different geographic and social contexts in Europe Scientific and Practical Validation of the Generic Framework