- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- Morgan Kaufmann
- SObaidat, Mohammad / Nicopolitidis, Petros
- black & white illustrations
- black & white illustrations
- 235 x 191 x 23 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 3:B&W 7.5 x 9.25 in or 235 x 191 mm Perfect Bound on White w/Gloss Lam
- 776 g
Du kanske gillar
Smart Cities and Homes
Key Enabling Technologies539Skickas inom 10-15 vardagar.
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.Finns även som
Smart Cities and Homes: Key Enabling Technologies explores the fundamental principles and concepts of the key enabling technologies for smart cities and homes, disseminating the latest research and development efforts in the field through the use of numerous case studies and examples.
Laddas ned direkt789
Smart cities use digital technologies embedded across all their functions to enhance the wellbeing of citizens. Cities that utilize these technologies report enhancements in power efficiency, water use, traffic congestion, environmental protection, pollution reduction, senior citizens care, public safety and security, literacy rates, and more.
This book brings together the most important breakthroughs and advances in a coherent fashion, highlighting the interconnections between the works in different areas of computing, exploring both new and emerging computer networking systems and other computing technologies, such as wireless sensor networks, vehicle ad hoc networks, smart girds, cloud computing, and data analytics and their roles in creating environmentally friendly, secure, and prosperous cities and homes.
Intended for researchers and practitioners, the book discusses the pervasive and cooperative computing technologies that will perform a central role for handling the challenges of urbanization and demographic change.
- Includes case studies and contributions from prominent researchers and practitioners from around the globe
- Explores the latest methodologies, theories, tools, applications, trends, challenges, and strategies needed to build smart cities and homes from the bottom up
- Provides a pedagogy that includes PowerPoint slides, key terms, and a comprehensive bibliography
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av Mohammad S Obaidat
Petros Nicopolitidis is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Informatics at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki,located in Thessaloniki, Greece.
1. Preface 2. Introduction and Overview of Key Enabling Technologies 2. Wireless Sensor Networks 3. Internet of Things 4. Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access Systems (WiMAX) 5. Wireless Local Area Networks 6. Personal Area Networks 7. LTE and 5G Systems 8. Optical Networks 9. Vehicle Ad Hoc Networks 10. Social Networks 11. Biometric Systems 12. GPS and GIS Systems 13. Cloud Computing Systems 14. Smart Transportation Systems 15. Smart Girds 16. E-Based Systems: e-Commerce, e-Government, e-Business and e-Service Systems 17. Smart Homes for Senior/Elderly Citizens 18. Pollution Control in Smart Cities 19. Privacy and Security in Smart Cities and Homes 20. Data Analytics and Smart Cities and Homes 21. Trends and Challenges in Smart Cities and Homes