- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- TongChua, Hui / Rahimi, Bijan
- 234 x 190 x 19 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 444 g
Du kanske gillar
Low Grade Heat Driven Multi-Effect Distillation and Desalination
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
Laddas ned direkt2269
This book is ideal for researchers, engineering scientists, graduate students, and industrial practitioners working in the desalination, petrochemical, and mineral refining sectors, helping them further understand the technologies and opportunities that relate to their respective industries.
For researchers and graduate students, the core enabling ideas in the book will provide insights and open up new horizons in thermal engineering.
- Focuses on advanced, yet practical, distillation technologies using low-grade sensible heat
- Explains the new design paradigm that must accompany the development of technologies
- Contains key experimental data that serves to prove the core concepts that underpin the new technologies
- Covers extensive thermo-economic analyses of the technologies, the price point for adoption, capital cost comparison with existing technologies, operating costs, and net present values
Passar bra ihop
De som köpt den här boken har ofta också köpt Coal Seam Gas Produced Water Purification by Mu... av Elters Christian (häftad).Köp båda 2 för 1828 kr
Recensioner i media
"Anyone contending with thermal input below the nominal boiling point of water now has excellent detailed guidance for designing and evaluating such systems." --Prof. Jeffrey M. Gordon, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
Bloggat om Low Grade Heat Driven Multi-Effect Distil...
Professor Hui Tong Chua obtained a Bachelor of Technology Engineering Educator Award 2001/2002, National University of Singapore; 2002/2003 University-level Excellent Teachers Listing - ranked among the top 6.3%, National University of Singapore; 2010 Award for Teaching Excellence (Individual Teaching) by the Faculty of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics, The University of Western Australia; 2011 Shanxi Government Specially Appointed Expert under the Shanxi (China) Hundred Man Program; 2013 Joint winner with Trevor Powell of Impacts Buildings Pty. Ltd. in the "Backyard Category of The Australian Innovation Challenge for "Solar Desalination Dr. Bijan Rahimi received his Ph.D. in desalination from the School of Mechanical and Chemical Engineering of the University of Western Australia (UWA). During his Ph.D. program, he was awarded the Australian Postgraduate Award (APA), NCEDA (National Centre of Excellence in Desalination Australia) Supplementary Ph.D. Scholarship, UWA Safety Net Top-Up Scholarship and AQW (Alumina Quality Workshop) Student Scholarship. Now, he is working as a visiting assistant professor at the School of Mechanical Engineering of Sharif University of Technology (SUT). He received Iran's National Elites Foundation Award for his work on low grade heat driven desalination and its application in Iran, in June 2016. He is working on a novel desalination pilot plant prototype at the Institute of Water and Energy (IWE) of SUT. He is also collaborating with the Water Research Institute (WRI) of Iran's Ministry of Energy on the formulation of the first desalination research and technology roadmap for Iran. For more details you can follow him on https://www.researchgate.net/
1. Introduction 2. A new design paradigm for the coupling of low-grade sensible heat sources with multi-effect evaporation technologies. 3. Experimental confirmation of the key concepts that underpin the new distillation technologies. 4. Boosted multi-effect evaporation process - the first generation technology 5. Boosted multi-effect evaporation process versus feed preheating 6. Flash boosted multi-effect evaporation process - the second generation technology 7. Thermo-economic analyses of the boosted and flash boosted processes 8. Application of the flash boosted process to re-concentrate spent liquor in alumina refineries 9. Application of a thermal vapour compressor flash boosted multi-effect evaporation process to re-concentrate spent liquor in alumina refineries 10. Application of boosted and flash boosted multi-effect evaporation processes to low-enthalpy geothermal desalination 11. Sustainable geothermal low-grade heat sources for thermal desalination 12. Other uses: Desalination for heat management and potential uses in the minerals and petroleum industries