- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- Morgan Kaufmann
- 234 x 188 x 43 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 1580 g
Du kanske gillar
Atlas of AI
Introduction to Data Compression839
Introduction to Data Compression, Fifth Edition, builds on the success of what is widely considered the best introduction and reference text on the art and science of data compression.
- Skickas inom 10-15 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 159 kr för privatpersoner.
Data compression techniques and technology are ever-evolving with new applications in image, speech, text, audio and video. This new edition includes all the latest developments in the field.
Khalid Sayood provides an extensive introduction to the theory underlying today's compression techniques, with detailed instruction for their applications using several examples to explain the concepts. Encompassing the entire field of data compression, the book includes lossless and lossy compression, Huffman coding, arithmetic coding, dictionary techniques, context based compression, and scalar and vector quantization.
The book provides a comprehensive working knowledge of data compression, giving the reader the tools to develop a complete and concise compression package.
- Explains established and emerging standards in- depth, including JPEG 2000, JPEG-LS, MPEG-2, H.264, JBIG 2, ADPCM, LPC, CELP, MELP, iLBC and the new HEVC standard
- Includes more coverage of lattices in vector quantization
- Contains improved and expanded end-of-chapter problems
- Source code is provided via a companion website that gives readers the opportunity to build their own algorithms and choose and implement techniques in their own applications
Passar bra ihop
De som köpt den här boken har ofta också köpt Clean Code: A Handbook Of Agile Software Crafts... av Robert C Martin (häftad).Köp båda 2 för 1178 kr
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av Khalid Sayood
Khalid Sayood received his BS and MS in Electrical Engineering from the University of Rochester in 1977 and 1979, respectively, and his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Texas A&M University in 1982. In 1982, he joined the University of Nebraska, where he is the Heins Professor of Engineering. His research interests include data compression, joint source channel coding, and bioinformatics.
1. Introduction 2. Lossless Compression 3. Huffman Coding 4. Arithmetic Coding 5. Dictionary Techniques 6. Context Based Compression 7. Lossless Image Compression 8. Lossy Coding 9. Scalar Quantization 10. Vector Quantization 11. Differential Encoding 12. Transforms, Subbands, and Wavelets 13. Transform Coding 14. Subband Coding 15. Wavelet-Based Compression 16. Audio Coding 17. Analysis/Synthesis and Analysis by Synthesis Schemes 18. Video Compression
Appendix A: Probability and Random Processes Appendix B: A Brief Review of Matrix Concepts Appendix C: The Root Lattices