- Inbunden (Hardback)
- Antal sidor
- Academic Press
- Buikstra, Jane E. (ed.)
- 284 x 227 x 47 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 2532 g
Du kanske gillar
Ortner's Identification of Pathological Conditions in Human Skeletal Remains
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
Laddas ned direkt1479
- Presents a comprehensive review of the skeletal diseases encountered in archaeological human remains
- Includes more than 1100 photographs and line drawings illustrating skeletal diseases, including both microscopic and gross features
- Based on extensive research on skeletal paleopathology in many countries
- Reviews important theoretical issues on how to interpret evidence of skeletal disease in archaeological human populations
Fler böcker av Jane E Buikstra
Recensioner i media
"This book provides a detailed and integrated description of the paleopathology of the human skeleton...I strongly recommend this book also for basic scientists and clinicians interested in bone diseases since the study of skeletal paleopathology undoubtedly will broaden our understanding of bone biology." ---Peter Peitschmann, Wiener Medizinische Wochenschrift
"This is a comprehensive book that is rare in its field. Highly recommended." --E-Streams, November 2003
Bloggat om Ortner's Identification of Pathological C...
Jane Buikstra heads the Center for Bioarchaeology at Arizona State University and is a member of the National Academy of Science. Her work in the Lower Illinois River Valley fostered the development of Bioarchaeology and she continues to be the leading scholar in this field.
1. Introduction 2. History of Paleopathology 3. Theorectical Issues & Themes in Paleopathology 4. Normal Bone Structure and Development 5. Abnormal Bone Structure, Development, and Post-Depositoinal Changes 6. Bone Microstructure and Pathology 7. Imaging of Skeletal and Mummy Pathology 8. Ancient DNA 9. Trauma 10. Infectious Disease-Introduction, Biology, Osteomyelitis and Brucellosis 11. Infectious Diseases-Tuberculosis and Leprosy 12. Infectious Diseases-Treponematosis and Other Bacterial Infectious Diseases 13. Infectious Diseases-Fungal and Viral 14. Ecto and Endo Parasitic Diseases 15.Circulatory, Reticuloendothelial, and Hemopoietic Disorders 16. Metabolic Disorders 17. Endocrine Disturbances 18. Congenital and Neuromechanical Abnormalities of the Skeleton 19. Skeletal Dysplasias 20. Tumors 21. Non-specific Indicators of Pathology 22. Joint Disease 23. Dental Disease, Diet and Bone Chemistry 24. The Challenges and Opportunities of 21st Century Mummy Science 25. Animal Paleopathology