- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- Yanagi, Tetsuo (ed.)
- Black & white illustrations
- Antal komponenter
- 12:B&W 8.5 x 11 in or 280 x 216 mm Perfect Bound on White w/Gloss Lam
Du kanske gillar
Integrated Coastal Management in the Japanese Satoumi
Restoring Estuaries and Bays
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
Laddas ned direkt1749
Integrated Coastal Management in the Japanese Satoumi: Restoring Estuaries and Bays presents chapters from experts in the relevant fields and includes chapters about each study field of the Satoumi, making it a valuable resource for researchers, field practitioners, and policymakers in coastal area management and development. This includes the Shizukawa Bay as an open coastal sea, the Seto Inland Sea as semi-enclosed coastal sea, and the Japan Sea. The book moves on to explore the economic evaluation of ecosystem services, a four-step management system, and the negotiation between marine protected areas and fisheries, and concludes with a full section covering a comparison of ICM with Europe and the United States, and how Japan's policies could be integrated.
- Introduces a four-step system of local, regional, national and international management for successfully Integrated Coastal Management that can be deployed globally
- Presents a new concept for ICM which worked on the Satoumi
- Includes both Ecosystems Based Management (EBM) and Community Based Management (CBM)
- Proposes a common platform for ICM, clarifying the scientific topics involved and their significance regarding the environment
Passar bra ihop
De som köpt den här boken har ofta också köpt Eutrophication and Oligotrophication in Japanes... av Tetsuo Yanagi (inbunden).Köp båda 2 för 2578 kr
Fler böcker av Tetsuo Yanagi
Bloggat om Integrated Coastal Management in the Japa...
Dr. Tetsuo Yanagi received his B.S., M.S., and PhD in Science from Kyoto University. In 1974 he was a Research Associate in the department of ocean engineering at Ehime University and worked his way up to associate professor. In 1990 He became a professor of coastal engineering in the department of civil and ocean engineering at Ehime University. Eight years later, He transferred to the Research Institute for Applied Mechanics (RIAM) at the Kyushu University. In 2008 He became the Director of the Research Institute for Applied Mechanics at Kyushu University and retired in 2013. He was awarded the Prize of Japan-France Oceanographic Society in 1986 and the Prize of Good Book in Ehime Prefecture in 1989. He was also a SAP member if IGBP/START/SARCS from 1993 to 1997 and an SSC member of IGBP/LOICZ from 1993 to 1998. He has published "Coastal Oceanography" with Kluwer Academic Publishers in 1999 and "Sato-Umi: A new concept for sea management" in 2007 with TERRAPUB, Tokyo, "Japanese Commons in the Coastal Sea in 2012 with Springer and "Eutrophication and Oligotrophication in Japanese Estuary in 2015 with Springer.
1. Introduction 2. Sustainability of Aquaculture 3. Management of Nutrient Concentration 4. International Environmental Management of the Coastal Sea 5. Environmental Economics, Culture and Negotiation in the Coastal Sea 6. Integrated Numerical Model of the Coastal Area 7. What can we learn from Satoumi to guide international ocean policies? 8. Conclusions