- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- Pearson Education
- Schmitt, Norbert
- 274 x 206 x 13 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 522 g
Du kanske gillar
Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English 6 Paper and onlineMixed media product
Applied Radar EW
Focus on Vocabulary 2: Mastering the Academic Word List459Skickas inom 3-6 vardagar.
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
Focus on Vocabulary 2: Mastering the Academic Word List is a research-based vocabulary textbook that gives high-intermediate to advanced students the advantage they need to succeed in academic environments. Through excerpts from college texts and well-crafted exercises, English learners study the Academic Word List the most frequently used words in academic texts. To help students reach a fuller understanding of the new vocabulary, each chapter provides a series of exercises on word meanings, word families, and collocation.
- Seven units focus on a variety of subject areas, such as social change, consumer behavior, natural resources, and music.
- Each main chapter carefully recycles the target words four times in reading passages and vocabulary-building exercises.
- NEW! Reading Strategies are designed to give students the tools they need to better comprehend the materials they read. Activities include recognizing an authors point of view and synthesizing information from multiple readings.
- The collocations exercises based on the 179-million-word New Longman Corpus reflect how academic words are actually used in real contexts.
- Expanding the Topic sections provide additional reading, discussion, and writing activities that broaden students understanding of vocabulary.
- Strategy Practice chapters offer tips for dictionary usage, information about word roots and affixes, and methods for expanding students word knowledge.
Passar bra ihop
De som köpt den här boken har ofta också köpt Introducing English Pronunciation - British ver... av Göran Rönnerdal, Stig Johansson (häftad).Köp båda 2 för 729 kr
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av Diane Schmitt
Focus on Vocabulary 1: Bridging Vocabulary is a research-based vocabulary textbook that gives intermediate to high-intermediate students hands-on preparation for understanding mid-frequency vocabulary, such as that found in novels, new...
Norbert Schmitt, Diane Schmitt
Internationally recognised as one of the leading texts in its field, this volume offers a comprehensive introduction to vocabulary for language teachers who would like to know more about the way vocabulary works. Two leading specialists make resea...
Unit 1 Our Changing Society
Chapter 1: Technology and Society
Reading: Human Societies From the Iceman to Us
Chapter 2: Social Experience and Personal Development
Reading: Social Forces That Shape Our Lives
Reading: Emotions in Global Perspective: Do We All Feel the Same?
Chapter 3: The Changing Nature of the Family
Reading: Family Structure
Chapter 4: Strategy Practice
Unit 2 Consumer Behavior and Marketing
Chapter 5: Influencing the Customer
Reading: Marketings Impact on the Consumer
Chapter 6: Who Buys What? The Familys Influence
Reading: Consumer Socialization of Family Members
Reading: Different Views on Purchasing Behavior
Chapter 7: How We See Ourselves
Reading: How Perspectives on the Self Influence Consumer Behavior
Chapter 8: Strategy Practice
Unit 3 Workplaces and Work Spaces
Chapter 9: How Office Space Affects Behavior
Reading: Work Space Design
Chapter 10: The Modern Office: Symbols of Status
Reading: The Meaning of the Chair
Reading: Office Designs That Work
Chapter 11: Sitting Comfortably
Reading: The Ergonomics of Sitting
Chapter 12: Strategy Practice
Unit 4 Use and Abuse of Natural Resources
Chapter 13: Water for Sale
Reading: Exploding Sales for Bottled Water
Chapter 14: The Aral Sea An Environmental Disaster
Reading: The Dying Lake
Reading: Creating M...