- Häftad (Paperback / softback)
- Antal sidor
- Indiana University Press
- 30 b&w photos, 1 figures, 1 index
- 235 x 155 x 17 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 49:B&W 6.14 x 9.21 in or 234 x 156 mm (Royal 8vo) Perfect Bound on White w/Gloss Lam
- 320 g
Du kanske gillar
Finns även som
- Skickas inom 7-10 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 159 kr för privatpersoner.
The fluid nature of performance studies and the widening embrace of the idea of performativity has produced in Decomposition: Post-Disciplinary Performance a collection of great interest that crosses disciplinary lines of academic work. The essays move from the local to the global, from history to sport, from body parts to stage productions, and from race relations to global politics.
Laddas ned direkt119
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
1) Sue-Ellen Case is Chair of the Department of Theatre and Dance at the University of California, Davis. She has authored and edited several books in the field of feminism and performance studies, including Feminism & Theatre; the Domain-Matrix: Performing Lesbian at the End of Print Culture; and Performing Feminisms. 2) Philip Brett is Distinguished Professor of Music at the University of California, Riverside. A leader in gay studies in musicology, he is co-editor of Queering the Pitch: The New Gay and Lesbian Musicology, and he has written extensively on the music of Benjamin Britten. 3) Susan Leigh Foster, choreographer, dancer, writer, is Professor of Dance at the University of California campuses of Riverside and Davis. She is author of Reading Dancing and Choreography and Narrative and editor of Choreographing History and Corporealities.
Part 1. Conferencing About the Unnatural 1. Introducing UNNATURAL ACTS, 1997 Susan Leigh Foster 2. ACTING UNNATURAL:Interpreting Body Art Amelia Jones 3. Listening to Local Practices: Performance and Identity Politics in Riverside, California Deborah Wong Part 2. Contesting White Spaces 4. Black Noise / White Mastery Ronald Radano 5. Like a Weed in a Vacant Lot: The Black Artists Group in St. Louis George Lipsitz 6. Yayoi Kusama's Body of Art Kristine C. Kuramitsu 7. "Oh, You Can't Just Let a Man Walk Over You": Staging Threepenny Opera in Singapore Sue-Ellen Case Part 3. Acting Manly 8. The Britten Era Philip Brett 9. A Question of Balls: The Sexual Politics of Argentine Soccer Jeffrey Tobin 10. Music at Home, Politics Afar Timothy D. Taylor Part 4. Talking Vulvas and Other Body Parts 11. Looking Like a Lesbian: Yvonne Rainer's Theory of Probability Catherine Lord 12. Structure, Size, and Play: The Case of the Talking Vulva B.J. Wray Part 5. De-composing the Unnatural 13. Decomposition Elizabeth Wood Notes on Contributors Index