- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- Financial Times/ Prentice Hall
- Chadwick, Simon
- 254 x 190 x 25 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 1133 g
Du kanske gillar
The Business of Tourism Management
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
Laddas ned direkt429
The Business of Tourism Management provides an introduction to key aspects of tourism, and to the practice of managing a tourism business. It explores the functions of management within the world of tourism, showing how tourism as a business has evolved, how the tourism and travel industry is structured, and how tourism businesses operate within their political, economic and socio-cultural environments.
Written and contributed by leading academics and practitioners in the UK, Europe and Australia,The Business of Tourism Management is ideal for both undergraduate and postgraduate students of tourism management.
- An internationally and business-focused textbook that meets the needs of tourism management students around the world.
- Many original case studies and examples encourage and enable students to apply theory to real-world scenarios.
- Extensive coverage of electronic commerce, reflecting the fast-paced development and realities of the industry.
- Learning Outcomes, case studies, guided questions, discussion points and ideas for further research help students structure their progress.
The BOTM Blog is a website designed to support this book with tourism management news stories and other internet resources. It is regularly updated by the editors at businessoftourismmanagement.blogspot.com.
ABOUT THE EDITORS
John Beech is Head of the Department of Strategy and Applied Management at Coventry Business School, Coventry University.
Simon Chadwick is Programme Director for the MSc in Sport Management and the Business of Football at Birkbeck College, the University of London.
Fler böcker av John Beech
Bloggat om The Business of Tourism Management
About the authors
PART 1: THE CONTEXT OF TOURISM
1. Introduction -- the unique evolution of tourism as 'business'
2. The structure of the tourism and travel industry
3. The role of the state in tourism
PART 2: BUSINESS FUNCTIONS APPLIED TO TOURISM
4. Organisational behaviour in tourism businesses
5. Human resource management in tourism businesses
6. Marketing in tourism
7. Finance and accounting for tourism
8. Managing a small non-profit tourism organisation
9. Analysis of the business environment and strategy in tourism
10. Quality and yield management in tourism businesses
11. Information technology and management information systems in tourism
PART 3: MANAGEMENT ISSUES SPECIFIC TO TOURISM BUSINESSESS
12. Tourism businesses and the law
13. Visitor attraction management
14. Sports Tourism
15. The economic impact of tourism
16. Managing sociocultural impacts of tourism
17. Managing environmental impacts of tourism
18. The accommodation subsector
19. Mass tourism businesses 1: tour operators
20. Mass tourism businesses 2: travel agents
21. Managing the transport subsector in tourism
22. Developing mass tourism in developing countries
23. The management of heritage and cultural tourism
24. Conclusion -- The future of the tourism industry