- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- Pearson Business
- 241 x 158 x 25 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 172 g
Du kanske gillar
Managing for Performance
Delivering Results Through Others
Fri frakt inom Sverige över 159 kr för privatpersoner.
Laddas ned direkt129
You're only as good as your team. So how do you make sure your team is as good as it could be?
Improving team performance is what you are there for as a manager. The better you are, the better your team will be.
Successful performance management is all about having the right tools and knowing when and how to apply them. Managing for Performance provides you with exactly this: proven practical techniques and innovative guidance.
Designed to be a constant reference throughout your career, this ultimate guide to high performance gives you all the direction and support you need to create an environment where people want to give their best.
"An excellent practical handbook that speaks directly to managers and encourages them to assess their own performance and style. The format is ideal - easy to digest and divided into accessible sections."
Sheila Browne, Senior Learning and Development Consultant, BBC Training & Development
"Managing for Performance provides a thoughtful hands-on guide to getting the best from yourself and your team."
Kai Peters, Chief Executive, Ashridge Business School
Fler böcker av Pam Jones
Bloggat om Managing for Performance
Pam Jones is a Program Director at Ashridge Business School. She is a senior member of the Ashridge faculty and is programme director for one of their flagship programmes - The Performance Through People Progamme. She specialises in all aspects of performance management, including motivation, team building, coaching, leadership, influencing and performance management processes, and has written extensively on the topic. As well as being exceedingly well qualified in Sociology, Psychology and Psychometric Testing, Pam has a Masters in Business Studies, a post graduate diploma in vocational counselling, is a licensed NLP Practitioner and has trained in Solution Focus Therapy. Pam has worked in management development internationally with HSBC, and as a consultant and coach with a number of clients including Phillip Morris, Fuji Films, and Ernst and Young, and is currently involved in a major project for the BBC.
- Why performance management is a bigger challenge than ever before
- How to use the book
- Testing your skills
- Getting feedback from others
Chapter 1 Yourself
- Questions and skills analysis
- Being the best leader you can be
- Delivering results what works
- Developing performance flexibility
- Creating a positive performance climate
- Honing your core skills listening, feedback and coaching
- Creating a self development plan setting your own performance goals
Chapter 2 Your people
- Understanding others questions and skills analysis
- Motivation turned upside down
- Tapping into individual values
- Understanding Xs and Ys
- Managing the 3 Ps poor performers, plateaued and potentials
- Developing your motivationsl map and people performance plan
Chapter 3 Your team
- Team performance questions and skills analysis
- Teams new structures, new success
- Analysing your team contribution adding value
- Team processes keeping your focus on the team
- A model for team success
- Creating a strategy for developing high performance teams
Chapter 4 The processes
- Understanding performance processes - questions and skills analysis
- Performance processes that work
- Measuring for success
- Rewarding for success
- Making the most of the review process
- Developing potential
- Creating a performance process plan
Chapter 5 The organisation
- Understanding the organisation - questions and skills analysis
- Getting to the heart of the organisation
- Understanding the impact of organisational change
- Working with the change process
- Supporting others through change
- Creating a strategy for change