- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- Addison Wesley
- 235 x 177 x 17 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 500 g
Du kanske gillar
Find the Bug
A Book of Incorrect Programs
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
Bug hunting isan art, and you need to be a master. Get Find the Bug, and you'll become one. Long-time Microsoft programmer Adam Barr presents 50 programs, each with exactly one bug. Your assignment: find it. As you do, Barr will teach you how to "think like your processor"... anticipating exactly how code will behave, even without running it. You'll learn better ways to read code, understand it -- and above all, improve it. Whether you're building new systems or maintaining someone else's, you'll find bugs earlier, faster, with less frustration... and write cleaner code to begin with.
- Presents "bugged" programs in C, Java, Python, Perl, and x86 assembly language, with carefully explained solutions
- Includes language overviews to help you debug all 50 examples, even if you don't know the language
- Shows how to look past the "surface" of code to uncover its hidden internal logic
- Offers practical guidance on analyzing programs, including specific inputs to test
- Presents a wide range of realistic bugs, with no phony "gotchas"
- Draws on the types of coding and debugging challenges Microsoft uses to interview new programmers
- An indispensable resource for working programmers, maintainers, testers, quality specialists, and everyone involved in code reviews
Copyright Pearson Education. All rights reserved.
Fler böcker av Adam Barr
Bloggat om Find the Bug
Find the Bug: A Book of Incorrect ProgramsAuthor BioADAM BARR lives in Redmond, WA, and works at Microsoft Corporation as a Program Manager on Windows Server. For ten years, he was a Software Design Engineer at Microsoft Corporation, where he worked on products ranging from Windows NT, Windows 2000, and Windows XP to Microsoft Interactive Television and Softimage Digital Studio. He has exceptional experience in C programming and Windows NT kernel development and debugging. He is author of Proudly Serving My Corporate Masters: What I Learned in Ten Years as a Microsoft Programmer.(c) Copyright Pearson Education. All rights reserved.
1. Bug Classification.
2. Tips on Walking Through Code.
Split the Code into Sections with Goals.
Identify the Sections in the Code.
Identify Goals for Each Section.
Identify the Meaning of Each Variable.
Look at the Usage of Each Variable.
Track Changes to Restricted Variables.
Look for Known Gotchas.
Same Expression on Left- and Right-Hand Side of Assignment.
Check Paired Operations.
Code That Is Similar to an Existing Error.
Choose Inputs for Walkthroughs.
Already Solved Input.
Walk Through Each Section.
Brief Summary of C.
Data Types and Variables.
Linked List Insertion.
Linked List Removal.
Parse a String into Substrings.
Recursive Word Reversal.
Calculate All Possible Routes.
Brief Summary of Python.
Data Types and Variables.
Lists and Tuples....