- Häftad (Paperback / softback)
- Antal sidor
- Watts, Michael J.
- black and white 2 Tables 4 Line drawings, black and white 1 Halftones black and white 7 Illustr
- 4 Line drawings, black and white; 1 Halftones, black and white; 2 Tables, black and white; 7 Illustr
- 234 x 158 x 19 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 49:B&W 6.14 x 9.21 in or 234 x 156 mm (Royal 8vo) Perfect Bound on White w/Gloss Lam
- 381 g
Du kanske gillar
Grassroots Environmental Governance
Community engagements with industry
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
Fler böcker av författarna
Michael J Watts
Why do famines occur and how have their effects changed through time? Why are those who produce food so often the casualties of famines? Looking at the food crisis that struck the West African Sahel during the 1970s, Michael J. Watts examines the ...
Bloggat om Grassroots Environmental Governance
Leah S. Horowitz is Assistant Professor of Environmental Studies at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA. Michael J. Watts is Professor of Geography at the University of California, Berkeley, USA.
1. Introduction Leah S. Horowitz & Michael J. Watts Part I: Strategies 2. Mapping ecologies of resistance Leah Temper & Joan Martinez-Alier 3. Red-green alliance-building against Durban's port-petrochemical complex expansion Patrick Bond 4. Indigenous by association: Legitimation and grassroots engagements with multinational mining in New Caledonia Leah Horowitz Part II: Relationships 5. Governing from the ground up? Translocal networks and the ambiguous politics of environmental justice in Bolivia Tom Perreault 6. Between sacrifice and compensation: Collective action and the aftermath of oil disaster in Esmeraldas, Ecuador Gabriela Valdivia 7. From contested cotton to the ban on brinjal: India's shifting risk narratives in opposition to genetically engineered agriculture Julia Freeman, Terre Satterfield, and Milind Kandlikar Part III: Internal Dynamics 8. Contesting development: Pastoralism, mining and environmental politics in Mongolia Caroline Upton 9. Micropolitics in the Marcellus Shale Eleanor Andrews and James McCarthy Part IV: Politics 10. Accumulating insecurity and risk along the energy frontier Michael J. Watts