- Häftad (Paperback / softback)
- Antal sidor
- New ed
- Aggleton, Peter
- black and white 8 Illustrations 12 Tables black and white
- 12 Tables, black and white; 8 Illustrations, black and white
- 245 x 175 x 25 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 67:B&W 6.69 x 9.61 in or 244 x 170 mm (Pinched Crown) Perfect Bound on White w/Gloss Lam
- 890 g
Du kanske gillar
Culture, Society And Sexuality
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
Bloggat om Culture, Society And Sexuality
Richard Parker is Professor and Chair of the Department of Sociomedical Sciences and Director of the Center for Gender, Sexuality and Health in the Mailman School of Public Health at Columbia University, and Director and President of the Brazilian Interdisciplinary AIDS Association (ABIA) in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Peter Aggleton is Professor of Education and Health and holds a UNSW Strategic Chair at the National Centre in HIV Social Research, University of New South Wales, Australia.
1. Introduction Section 1: Culture, Society and Sexuality Part 1: Conceptual Frameworks 2. Sexual Matters: On Conceptualizing Sexuality in History 3. Sexual Scripts 4. Anthropology Rediscovers Sexuality: A Theoretical Comment Part 2: Gender and Power 5. Gender as a Useful Category of Historical Analysis 6. `Gender' for a Marxist Dictionary: The Sexual Politics of a Word 7. `That We Should All Turn Queer?': Homosexual Stigma in the Making of Manhood and the Breaking of a Revolution in Nicaragua Part 3: From Gender to Sexuality 8. Discourse, Desire and Sexual Deviance: Some Problems in a History of Homosexuality 9. Thinking Sex: Notes for a Radical Theory of the Politics of Sexuality 10. `The Unclean Motion of the Generative Parts': Frameworks in Western Thought on Sexuality Part 4: Sexual Identities/Sexual Communities 11. Compulsory Heterosexuality and Lesbian Existence 12. The Hijras of India: Cultural and Individual Dimensions of an Institutionalized Third Gender Role 13. Capitalism and Gay Identity Section 2: Sexual Meanings, Health, and Rights Part 5: Gender, Power and Rights 14. Masculinities and Globalization 15. Violence, Sexuality, and Women's Lives 16. Reproductive and Sexual Rights: A Feminist Perspective Part 6: Sexual Categories and Classification 17. HIV, Heroin and Heterosexual Relations 18. An Explosion of Thai Identities: Global Queering and Re-Imaging Queer Theory 19. Bhai-behen, True Love, Time Pass: Friendships and Sexual Partnerships among Youth in an Indian Metropolis Part 7: Sexual Negotiations and Transactions 20. Masculinity and Urban Men: Perceived Scripts for Courtship, Romantic, and Sexual Interactions with Women 21. Some Traditional Methods are More Modern than Others: Rhythm, Withdrawal and the Changing Meanings of Sexual Intimacy in Mexican Companionate Marriage 22. Mobility, Sexual Networks and Exchange among Bodabodamen in Southwest Uganda Part 8: Contemporary and Future Challenges 23. Gendered Scripts and the Sexual Scene: Promoting Sexual Subjects among Brazilian Teenagers 24. HIV and AIDS-related Stigma and Discrimination: A Conceptual Framework and Implications for Action 25. Bracketing Sexuality: Human Rights and Sexual Orientation - A Decade of Development and Denial at the UN