- Häftad (Paperback / softback)
- Antal sidor
- Mcgarry, John (Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario Queen's University, Canada Queen's University, Canada Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario) (red.)/Keating, Professor Michael (red.)
- black and white 5 Illustrations 5 Line drawings, black and white 12 Tables black and white
- 5 Line drawings, black and white; 12 Tables, black and white; 5 Illustrations, black and white
- 231 x 155 x 28 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 49:B&W 6.14 x 9.21 in or 234 x 156 mm (Royal 8vo) Perfect Bound on White w/Gloss Lam
- 590 g
Du kanske gillar
European Integration and the Nationalities Question
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
Bloggat om European Integration and the Nationalitie...
John McGarry is Professor of Political Studies and Canada Research Chair in Nationalism and Democracy at Queen's University, Kingston, Canada. Michael Keating is Professor of Regional Studies at the European University Institute in Florence and Professor of Scottish Politics at the University of Aberdeen.
1. Introduction: European Integration and the Nationalities Question Section A. Theoretical and Comparative Approaches 2. Europe, the State and the Nation 3. The Evolving Basis of European Norms of Minority Rights: Rights to Culture, Participation and Autonomy 4. National Minorities and EU Enlargement: External or Domestic Incentives for Accommodation? 5. Autonomy, Power-Sharing and Common Citizenship -- Principles for Accommodating National Minorities in Europe 6. Kin-States Protecting National Minorities: Positive Trend or Dangerous Precedent? 7. Minorities, Violence, and Statehood on the European Periphery 8. The Impact of Post-Communist Regime Change and European Integration on Ethnic Minorities: The `Special' Case of Ethnic Germans in Eastern Europe 9. Cross-border Minorities and European Integration in Southeast Europe: The Hungarians and Serbs Compared Section B. Case-Studies 10. From `Full National Status' to `Independence' in Europe -- The Case of Plaid Cymru - The Party of Wales 11. Nations Without States in the EU: the Catalan Case 12. Scottish Autonomy and European Integration: The Response of Scotland's Political Parties 13. Basque Nationalism: Sovereignty, Independence and European Integration 14. Liberalising Estonia's Citizenship Policy: The Role of the European Union, OSCE and Council of Europe 15. Europe's Limits: European Integration and Conflict Management in Northern Ireland 16. Breton Identity Highlighted by European Integration 17. Baltic Identities and Interests in a European Setting: A Bottom-Up Perspective 18. EU Accession and Conflict Resolution in Theory and Practice: the Case of Cyprus