- Häftad (Paperback / softback)
- Antal sidor
- black and white 19 Halftones 28 Line drawings black and white
- 28 Line drawings, black and white; 19 Halftones, black and white
- 222 x 152 x 12 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 49:B&W 6.14 x 9.21 in or 234 x 156 mm (Royal 8vo) Perfect Bound on White w/Gloss Lam
- 430 g
Du kanske gillar
The Claiming of Space
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
Fler böcker av David Storey
Recensioner i media
"Simply put, the best text on the territorial dimensions of power. Guided by a sophisticated, yet accessible discussion of the theoretical underpinnings of territoriality, Storey explores territorial strategies of control and resistance and shows how the demarcation of space is central in the construction of identities, culture, and place. Written in a lucid style, well-illustrated with images and maps, and comprehensive in scope, Territories provides an effective introduction to the major political processes that shape the modern state system from the local to the global scale; it is indispensible reading for students of nationalism, conflict and globalization." Professor Guntram H. Herb, Middlebury College, Vermont, USA. "The first place I'll send my students. A very helpful introduction to a complicated topic, at a range of spatial scales. It is clearly written without ducking difficult questions, and there are plenty of examples. It has been thoroughly updated, both empirically and theoretically, from the previous edition. Highly recommended." Professor Stuart Elden, Durham University, UK.
Bloggat om Territories
David Storey is a Senior Lecturer in Geography at University of Worcester, UK.
1. Introduction 2. Territory and Territoritality 3. The Territorial State 4. Nations and Nationalism 5. Nationalism, Territory and Space 6. The Future of the Sovereign State 7. Territory, Locality and Community 8. Territory and Society 9. Conclusions