- Häftad (Paperback / softback)
- Antal sidor
- Kennedy, Kerry J.
- black & white illustrations
- black & white illustrations
- 228 x 152 x 12 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 49:B&W 6.14 x 9.21 in or 234 x 156 mm (Royal 8vo) Perfect Bound on White w/Gloss Lam
- 344 g
Du kanske gillar
The Changing Role of Schools in Asian Societies
Schools for the Knowledge Society
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
Passar bra ihop
De som köpt den här boken har ofta också köpt Routledge International Handbook of Schools and... av Kerry J Kennedy, John Chi-Kin Lee (inbunden).Köp båda 2 för 2988 kr
Bloggat om The Changing Role of Schools in Asian Soc...
Kerry Kennedy is Chair Professor of Curriculum Studies, Dean of the Faculty of Education Studies and Associate Vice- President (Quality Assurance) at the Hong Kong Institute of Education. He is an Honorary Professor at South China Normal University, a Visiting Professor at the Management and Science University in Malaysia and has been an Adjunct Professor in the Faculty of Education at The University of Sydney. He is the General Editor of the Routledge Series on Schools and Schooling in Asia and the Hong Kong Teacher Education Series produced by Hong Kong University Press. His co-edited book with Lee Wing On and David Grossman, Citizenship Pedagogies in Asia and the Pacific (Springer and Comparative Education Research Centre) will appear in 2010. The 4th Edition of his Curriculum Construction (Pearson Education Australia) will also appear in 2010. He is a Fellow of the Australian College of Education and a Life Member of the Australian Curriculum Studies Association. John Chi-Kin Lee is Professor of Curriculum and Instruction, Dean of Education and Director of Centre for University and School Partnership at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. He was Visiting Chair Professor at National Taichung University in Taiwan, Visiting Professor at National Taiwan Normal University, National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technological University and La Trobe University and has been adjunct professor, guest professor and researcher of more than a dozen universities in Mainland China including Beijing Normal University and Nanjing University. His recent books are Schooling for Sustainable Development: Chinese Experience with Younger Children (co-edited with Michael Williams, Springer, 2009), Educational Evaluation in East Asia: Emerging issues and challenges (co-edited with Samuel Peng, New York: Nova Science Publishers, Inc., 2009) and Improvement of Classroom Teaching and Learning: Teacher development, partnership and professional learning communities. (co-edited with Derek Cheung, Beijing: People's Education Press, in Chinese, 2009). His forthcoming books are Changing Schools in an Era of Globalization (with Brian Caldwell, Routledge) and New Understandings of Teacher Effectiveness: Emotions and Educational Change (with Chris Day, Springer).
1. Introduction - Schools for the 'Asian Education Century': Priorities and challenges Section 1: Cultures and Contexts Influencing Schools in Asia 2. Schools for the 'NET' generation in a diverse Asia 3. Schools and the Economy: A human capital perspective 4. Policy Contexts for Life-long Learning 5. Global Imperatives and Local Values: negotiating change in traditional societies 6. Creating Citizens for Globalized states: Traditional values for new times 7. Examination and Assessment Cultures Section 2 Strategies for Change in Asia's Schools 8. Curriculum Reform: School Based Curriculum Development as a Strategy for Asia's Schools 9. Teaching and Learning: Interaction Between East and West 10. Leadership for School Development 11. Teacher Development: Issues and Challenges 12. Evaluation for Educational Improvement 13. Partnerships for School Development 14. Conclusion - Schools for an 'Education Century' in a Divided Asia