- Inbunden (Hardback)
- Antal sidor
- Plantenga, Janneke / Smith, Mark
- black and white 29 Tables 32 Line drawings black and white
- 32 Line drawings, black and white; 29 Tables, black and white
- 234 x 156 x 16 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 52:B&W 6.14 x 9.21in or 234 x 156mm (Royal 8vo) Case Laminate on White w/Gloss Lam
- 549 g
Du kanske gillar
Gender and the European Labour Market1759Skickas inom 10-15 vardagar.
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.The book presents state of the art research on women's current position in European labour markets. It combines analysis of the latest trends in employment, occupational segregation, working time, unpaid work, social provisions (especially care provisions) and the impact of the financial crisis, with overall assessment of the actual impact of the European Employment Strategy and the specific impact of key policies, such as taxation and flexicurity.
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av författarna
Recensioner i media
"I can nonetheless recommend this book to policymakers and scholars who are interested in gender issues and who value practical advice and empirical knowledge. It is an easy and interesting read that provides a lot of detail and inspiration for further research and policies relevant for fostering gender equality." - Lena Hipp, WZB Social Science Center Berlin, British Journal of Industrial Relations
Francesca Bettio is Professor of Economics at the University of Siena, Italy. Janneke Plantenga is Professor of Economics at the University of Utrecht, the Netherlands. Mark Smith is Associate Professor at Grenoble Ecole de Management, France.
1. A New Vision of Gender Equality in Europe? Francesca Bettio, Janneke Plantenga and Mark Smith PART I: The Economics of Gender Equality 2. Do We Have a Case for Gender Equality? Mark Smith, A. Haroon Akram-Lodhi and Francesca Bettio 3. Measuring Gender Equality Within the European Union Janneke Plantenga and Chantal Remery PART ii: Care and Work in Europe Today? 4. Unpaid Family Work in Europe: Gender and Country Differences Francesca Francavilla, Gianna C. Giannelli, Lucia Mangiavacchi and Luca Piccoli 5. Flexible Working Arrangements and Gender Equality: Categorising the European Member States Janneke Plantenga and Chantal Remery 6. Reconciliation of Work and Private Live Janneke Plantenga and Chantal Remery 7. Affordability of Care and Quality of Work. New Trends in Elderly Care Annamaria Simonazzi and Sara Picchi PART III: Policy, Promoting Change or Croding Equality? 8. The Role of the EES in the Promotion of Gender Equality in the Labour Market: a Critical Appraisal Paola Villa 9. Current Tax-Benefit Systems in Europe. Are They Fair to Working Women? Francesca Bettio and Alina Veroshchagina 10. Men and Gender Equality: Tachling Gender Segregation in Family Roles and in Social Care Jobs Colette Fagan and Helen Norman 11. Recession and Recovery: Making Gender Equality Part of the Solution Mark Smith and Paola Villa