- Inbunden (Hardback)
- Antal sidor
- Moberg, Marcus / Sj, Sofia
- black and white 1 Tables 1 Line drawings black and white
- 1 Line drawings, black and white; 1 Tables, black and white
- 231 x 157 x 18 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 14:B&W 6 x 9 in or 229 x 152 mm Case Laminate on White w/Gloss Lam
- 440 g
Du kanske gillar
A Promised Land
Religion, Media, and Social Change1759Skickas inom 10-15 vardagar.
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.In an era of heightened globalization, macro-level transformations in the general socioeconomic and cultural makeup of modern societies have been studied in great depth. Yet little attention has been paid to the growing influence of media and mass-mediated popular culture on contemporary religious sensibilities, life, and practice. Religion, Media, and Social Change explores the correlation between the study of religion, media, and popular culture and broader sociological theorizing on religious change. Contributions devote serious attention to broadly-defined media including technologies, institutions, and social and cultural environments, as well as mass-mediated popular culture such as film, music, television, and computer games. This interdisciplinary collection addresses important theoretical and methodological questions by connecting the study of media and popular culture to current perspectives, approaches, and discussions in the broader sociological study of religion.
Passar bra ihop
De som köpt den här boken har ofta också köpt The Bloomsbury Handbook of Religion and Popular... av Christopher Partridge, Dr Marcus Moberg (inbunden).Köp båda 2 för 3548 kr
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av författarna
Egil Asprem, Kennet Granholm
The study of contemporary esoteric discourse has hitherto been a largely neglected part of the new academic field of Western esotericism. Contemporary Esotericism provides a broad overview and assessment of the complex world of Western esoteric th...
Marcus Moberg, Sofia Sjo
It has become increasingly clear that an adequate understanding of the contemporary processes of social, cultural, and religious change is contingent on an appreciation of the growing impact of social media. Utilising results of an unprecedented g...
Kennet Granholm is Docent in Comparative Religion at Abo Akademi University, Finland and Assistant Professor in the History of Religions at Stockholm University, Sweden Marcus Moberg is Academy of Finland Postdoctoral Researcher in the Department of Comparative Religion at Abo Akademi University, Finland Sofia Sjoe is Postdoctoral Researcher in the Department of Comparative Religion at Abo Academy University, Finland
1. Introduction Kennet Granholm, Marcus Moberg and Sofia Sjoe Part I: Theorising Media and Religion in the Public Sphere 2. Power, Control and Religious Language: Latin and Vernacular Contests in the Christian Medieval and Reformation Periods Peter Horsfield 3. Mediatised Religion and Public Spheres: Current Approaches and New Questions Mia Loevheim and Marta Axner 4. Theorising Religious Republicisation in Europe: Religion, Media and Public Controversy in the Netherlands and Poland, 2000-2012 David Herbert 5. Religion, Media and the Dynamics of Consumerism in Globalising Societies Francois Gauthier Part II: Media, Popular Culture and Contemporary Religious Sensibilities and Communities 6. Mass-mediated Popular Culture and Religious Socialisation Marcus Moberg and Sofia Sjoe 7. Media and the Nonreligious Teemu Taira 8. Constructing Segregated Communities: Or How Britain Became 'Muscularly Liberal' Siobhan Holohan Part III: Impacts and Outcomes of Contemporary Encounters between Religion, Media and Popular Culture 9. Now the Bible is an App: Digital Media and Changing Patterns of Religious Authority Tim Hutchings 10. Controversial Popular Culture and Controversial Religion: Theorising the Connections Titus Hjelm 11. Lab Rats and Tissue Samples: The Human in Contemporary Invented Religions Carole M. Cusack