- Häftad (Paperback / softback)
- Antal sidor
- 2 New edition
- 5 black & white tables 5 black & white illustrations 5 black & white line drawings
- 6 Line drawings, black and white; 30 Halftones, black and white; 5 Tables, black and white; 36 Illus
- 228 x 152 x 25 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 49:B&W 6.14 x 9.21 in or 234 x 156 mm (Royal 8vo) Perfect Bound on White w/Gloss Lam
- 771 g
Du kanske gillar
Islam and Politics
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
Fler böcker av Peter Mandaville
Meaning and International Relations
Peter Mandaville, Andrew Williams
This innovative volume brings together specialists in international relations to tackle a set of difficult questions about what it means to live in a globalized world where the purpose and direction of world politics are no longer clear-cut. What ...
Recensioner i media
In Islam and Politics, Peter Mandaville accomplishes an extraordinary feat: the book is nuanced and substantive yet accessible for introductory audiences. From questions about jihad and state-sponsored Islamist to the relationship between global processes and local politics, Mandaville's clear-headed approach unpacks not only the phenomena of Islamist politics themselves, but also the powerful narratives about Islamism that themselves shape the direction of global politics. Jillian Schwedler, Professor of Political Science at the City University of New York's Hunter College and the Graduate Center. This work incisively examines a subject of intense public and policy interest. Ranging widely across issues and regions, Islam and Politics provides an unerring guide to Islamism and the impact of globalisation from above and protest from below. The analysis is always illuminating, the writing accessible and balanced. James Piscatori, Professor of International Relations, Durham University, UK.
Bloggat om Islam and Politics
Peter Mandaville is Professor of Government and Politics and Director of the Ali Vural Ak Center for Global Islamic Studies at George Mason University, USA. He is the author of Transnational Muslim Politics: Re-imagining the Umma and has also co-edited several volumes of essays. Research interests include the impact of globalization in the Muslim world, global political development, and post-Western international relations.
1. Introduction: thinking about Islam and politics in global perspective 2. Islam and politics: history and key concepts 3. State formation and the making of Islamism, 4. Islam in the system: the evolution of Islamism as political strategy 5. Islam as the system: Islamic states and "Islamization" from above 6. Islam for lack of a system: Islamism in weak and failed states 7. Islam and militancy beyond the nation-state: the global jihadist movement 8. Towards post-Islamism? Globalization and Muslim politics 9. Conclusion: the Arab Uprisings and beyond