- Mixed media product
- Antal sidor
- 235 x 190 x 40 mm
- Antal komponenter
- DVD-ROM (1), Paperback (1)
- 1280 g
Du kanske gillar
OpenSUSE 11.0 and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Bible Book/DVD Package349
* Presenting updated coverage of openSUSE 11.0 and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11.0, this reference is written by Novell insiders and boasts the most up-to-date information available
- Specialorder (osäker tillgång). Skickas inom 11-20 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 159 kr för privatpersoner.
* Topics covered include the openSUSE project, command line programs and implementing online services, virtualization, kernel updates, Enterprise Architecture, and more
* Reviews Linux fundamentals such as methodologies, partitions, and file system, and features a new section devoted entirely to end-user needs
* The DVD includes the openSUSE 11.0
Passar bra ihop
De som köpt den här boken har ofta också köpt Mastering Linux Servers: Training Manual: RHLE7... av Kefa Rabah (häftad).Köp båda 2 för 1478 kr
Fler böcker av författarna
Roger Whittaker, Justin Davies
Presenting updated coverage of openSUSE 11.0 and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11.0, this reference is written by Novell insiders and boasts the most up-to-date information available Topics covered include the openSUSE project, command line program...
Jack Sanger, Jane Wilson, Bryn Davies, Roger Whittaker
Debate ranges over the effects of the growing utilization by the young of interactive screen-based technologies and the effects of these on vulnerable young chldren. This text is based on two years' research on 100 children, with entertainment scr...
After working as a teacher of Mathematics and as Deputy Head of an independent school in London, Roger Whittaker discovered Linux in 1996 and became increasingly interested (some would say obsessed). When SUSE Linux opened its UK office in 1999, he changed careers and worked as a technical and training consultant until early in 2004. He now works for Novell supporting Linux installations for large customers. He is Newsletter Editor for UKUUG, the UK's Unix and Open Systems user group. Justin Davies has been a Linux user since the age of 15. After University, he joined SUSE Linux as a Technical Consultant where he specialized in Linux on non-Intel architecture. He then spent time working with value-added resellers in Europe to define their open source strategy and go-to-market plans around Linux. He is now the founder and CTO of Ninetyten, a social networking consultancy based in London, where he is still providing solutions based on open source software.
I. SUSE Linux Basics.
1. Installing SUSE.
2. Linux Fundamentals.
3. Partitions, Filesystems, and Files.
II. The SUSE System.
4. Booting the System.
6. Understanding Your Linux Network.
8. The X Window System.
9. Configuring the System with YaST.
III. Using the Command Line in SUSE Linux.
10. Text Manipulation.
11. Text Editors.
12. Working with Packages.
13. Working with Files.
14. Working with the System.
15. Linux Networking.
IV. Implementing Network Services in SUSE Linux.
16. Setting Up a Web Site with Apache Web Server.
17. Mail Servers--Postfix, Sendmail, Qpopper, and Cyrus.
18. Setting Up Windows Interoperability with Samba.
19. Setting Up Printing with CUPS.
20. Configuring and Using DHCP Services.
21. Configuring a DNS Server.
22. Working with NFS.
23. Running an FTP Server on SUSE.
24. Implementing Firewalls in SUSE Linux.
25. Network Information and Directory Services.
26. Setting Up a Web Proxy with Squid.
V. SUSE Linux in the Enterprise.
27. Enterprise Architecture.
28. Emulation and Virtualization.
29. The Kernel.
30. Business Desktop Linux: SLED.
Appendix A. What's on the DVD.