- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- Cambridge University Press
- Diego, Gambetta
- black & white illustrations
- Were They Pushed or Did They Jump?: Individual Decision Mechanisms in Education
- 215 x 140 x 16 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 1:B&W 5.5 x 8.5 in or 216 x 140 mm (Demy 8vo) Perfect Bound on Creme w/Gloss Lam
- 340 g
Du kanske gillar
How To Do The Work
Dr Nicole LeperaInbunden
Were They Pushed or Did They Jump?
Individual Decision Mechanisms in Education349Skickas inom 7-10 vardagar.
Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 159 kr för privatpersoner.This book explores the factors which govern the range of educational decisions confronting individuals between compulsory school education and university. The data on which it draws come from two surveys conducted in north-west Italy, one of unemployed young people and one of high-school pupils. The author is in effect testing the two fundamental and opposed paradigms of explanation which are generally applied in the sociology of education; one which holds that the individual agents are essentially passive, being either constrained by lack of alternatives or pushed by causal factors of which they are unaware; and the other in which they are regarded as capable of purposive action, of weighing the available alternatives with respect to some future rewards.
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av Diego Gambetta
1. The Theoretical Question; 2. Institutional Constraints and Educational Choices; 3. Were they pushed?; 4. Or did they Jump?.