- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- Cambridge University Press
- Forrester, Duncan B. (series ed.)/Kee, Alistair (series ed.)/Forrester, Duncan B. (series ed.)/Kee, Alistair (series ed.)
- 6 halftones
- Series Number 8 Power, Gender and Christian Mysticism
- 220 x 145 x 25 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 1:B&W 5.5 x 8.5 in or 216 x 140 mm (Demy 8vo) Perfect Bound on Creme w/Gloss Lam
- 460 g
Du kanske gillar
Power, Gender and Christian Mysticism469Skickas inom 7-10 vardagar.
Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 159 kr för privatpersoner.A theologian challenges perceived notions of mysticism in relation to power and gender.
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av Grace M Jantzen
Recensioner i media
'The first major study of Christian mysticism to utilise a deconstructionist approach, Power, Gender and Christian Mysticism illuminates the meaning of gendered rhetoric in the writings of major male 'mystics' from Plato to Dionysus to Eckhart. Most importantly, through a 'deeper' reading of female mystics and visionaries (often ignored - and sometimes silenced) Grace Jantzen has allowed these women to speak eloquently. Her inescapable conclusion is that we can no longer speak of 'Christian Mysticism,' but of 'Christian Mysticisms', and of these not as intense, private experiences, but as manifesting sets of social relations and representations. This is a scholarly, but at the same time most readable and entertaining work, and I recommend it strongly.' Philip C. Almond, University of Queensland
1. Feminists, philosophers and mystics; 2. Mystics, martyrs and honorary males; 3. The mystical meaning of scripture; 4. Mystical theology and the erotic other; 5. 'Cry out and write': mysticism and the struggle for authority; 6. The visions of virgins: spirituality and sexual control; 7. Heretics and witches; 8. The language of ineffability; 9. Conclusion: mysticism and modernity; References; Index.