- Inbunden (Hardback)
- Antal sidor
- Cambridge University Press
- Black & white illustrations
- 231 x 152 x 23 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 14:B&W 6 x 9 in or 229 x 152 mm Case Laminate on White w/Gloss Lam
- 772 g
Du kanske gillar
V for Vendetta
The Application of the Precautionary Principle in Practice
This overview of the role played by the precautionary principle in international trade law, European law and national law compares how precautionary considerations have been applied in the fields of pesticide regulation and the regulation of base stations for mobile telephones in Sweden, the UK and the US. A number of problems in the current application of the precautionary principle are identified and discussed. For example, it is shown that a firm reliance on a wide and open-ended precautionary principle may lead to problems with the consistency, foreseeability, effectiveness and efficiency of measures intended to reduce environmental or health risks. It is suggested that the precautionary principle indeed may be an important tool, but that in order to be acceptable it must be coupled with strong requirements on the performance of risk assessments, cost/benefit analyses and risk trade-off analyses.
- Skickas inom 7-10 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 199 kr för privatpersoner.
Passar bra ihop
De som köpt den här boken har ofta också köpt Desert Star av Michael Connelly (häftad).Köp båda 2 för 1266 kr
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av Joakim Zander
Recensioner i media
'This book has advanced our understanding of the legal scope and application of the principle and is an essential text for environmental lawyers and practitioners as well as researchers, policy makers and students with an interest in environmental and public health regulation.' Environmental Liability
'Zander's proposal hits the nail on the head.' The Cambridge Law Journal
Dr Joakim Zander is currently responsible for the free movement of goods and services at the EFTA Surveillance Authority in Brussels. He has previously worked as a legal officer in DG Enterprise of the European Commission and as a political assistant in the European Parliament. He holds a PhD in law from Maastricht University, the Netherlands, and a Master of Laws degree (juris kandidat) from Uppsala University, Sweden.
1. Introduction; 2. Risk and uncertainty: basic concepts and tools for the application of the precautionary principle; 3. The precautionary principle in international law; 4. The precautionary principle in EC law; 5. The precautionary principle in Sweden; 6. The precautionary principle in the United Kingdom; 7. The precautionary principle in the United States; 8. Conclusions.