- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- O'REILLY & ASSOCIATES
- Laflamme, Linda (ed.)
- 249 x 205 x 20 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 780 g
Du kanske gillar
Designing Web Navigation
Optimizing the User Experience
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
Ideal for beginning to intermediate web designers, managers, other non-designers, and web development pros looking for another perspective, Designing Web Navigation offers basic design principles, development techniques and practical advice, with real-world examples and essential concepts seamlessly folded in. How does your web site serve your business objectives? How does it meet a user's needs? You'll learn that navigation design touches most other aspects of web site development. This book:
- Provides the foundations of web navigation and offers a framework for navigation design
- Paints a broad picture of web navigation and basic human information behavior
- Demonstrates how navigation reflects brand and affects site credibility
- Helps you understand the problem you're trying to solve before you set out to design
- Thoroughly reviews the mechanisms and different types of navigation
- Explores "information scent" and "information shape"
- Explains "persuasive" architecture and other design concepts
- Covers special contexts, such as navigation design for web applications
- Includes an entire chapter on tagging
Fler böcker av James Kalbach
Customers who have inconsistent, broken experiences with products and services are understandably frustrated. But it's worse when people inside these companies can't pinpoint the problem because they're too focused on business processes. This prac...
Projektowanie nawigacji strony WWW. Optymalizacja funkcjonalno?ci witryny
Sekrety sukcesu witryn WWW<ul><li>W jaki sposb u?ytkownicy przegl?daj? witryny WWW?</li><li>Jak wykorzysta? r?ne typy mechanizmw nawigacyjnych?</li><li>W jaki sposb dobra? kolorystyk? i liternictwo elementw nawi...
Bloggat om Designing Web Navigation
James Kalbach has a degree in library science from Rutgers University, as well as a master's in music theory and composition. He is currently a Human Factors Engineer with LexisNexis and previously served as head of information architecture with Razorfish Germany. He is an active speaker and author on information architecture and usability in Germany, where he helped co-found an IA community.
- Chapter 1: Introducing Web Navigation
- Chapter 2: Understanding Navigation
- Chapter 3: Mechanisms of Navigation
- Chapter 4: Types of Navigation
- Chapter 5: Labeling Navigation
- Chapter 6: Evaluation
- Chapter 7: Analysis
- Chapter 8: Architecture
- Chapter 9: Layout
- Chapter 10: Presentation
- Chapter 11: Navigation and Search
- Chapter 12: Navigation and Social Tagging Systems
- Chapter 13: Navigation and Rich Web Applicatios