- Inbunden (Hardback)
- Antal sidor
- Thomas, Caroline R
- Approx 257 illustrations
- Approx. 257 illustrations (222 in full color)
- Antal komponenter
Du kanske gillar
The 5 AM Club
Nunn and Lumb's Applied Respiratory Physiology939
Nunn's Applied Respiratory Physiology, Ninth Edition, is your concise, one-stop guide to all aspects of respiratory physiology in health, disease, and in the many physiologically challenging situations and environments into which humans take themselves - coverage is from basic science to clinical applications.
- Fåtal ex i lager. Skickas inom 1-2 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 159 kr för privatpersoner.
Trusted for over 50 years, this most comprehensive single volume on respiratory physiology will prove invaluable to those in training or preparing for examinations in anaesthesia, intensive care, respiratory medicine or thoracic surgery - as well as an essential quick reference for physiologists and the range of practitioners requiring ready access to current knowledge in this field.
Now fully revised and updated, this ninth edition includes a larger page format for improved clarity, as well as full access to the complete, downloadable eBook version. This incorporates BONUS chapters, handy topic summaries, interactive self-assessment material and a NEW series of expert lectures on key topics. The result is a more flexible, engaging and complete resource than ever before.
Enhancements to this edition include:
- A new dedicated chapter on obesity - covering the effects of this global challenge on the physiology of the respiratory system in health and disease, in both adults and children
- Expanded coverage of the adverse effects of hyperoxia -including the physiology of the now popular technique of high-flow nasal therapy
- A revised section on air pollution- reflecting the growing importance and understanding of the impact of pollution on the lungs and other body systems, along with the latest worldwide guidelines
- Detailed coverage of artificial ventilationduring general anaesthesia - covering post-operative respiratory complications and the physiological basis of current best-practice for optimizing ventilation
- Print comes with enhanced eBook- includes access to the complete, fully searchable text, PLUS:
- bonus chapters
- handy chapter summaries
- interactive self-assessment material
- a NEW series of 25 expert lectures focusing on the most essential topics in respiratory physiology
Passar bra ihop
De som köpt den här boken har ofta också köpt Dementia Reconsidered Revisited: The person sti... av Tom Kitwood (häftad).Köp båda 2 för 1296 kr
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av Andrew B Lumb
Andrew B Lumb
Nunn's Applied Respiratory Physiology, Eighth Edition, is your concise, one-stop guide to all aspects of respiratory physiology in health, disease, and in the many physiologically challenging situations and environments into which humans take them...
Foreword by Professor Peter Slinger, vi Preface, vii
Part 1:Basic Principles
1.Functional Anatomy of the Respiratory Tract, 2 2.Elastic Forces and Lung Volumes, 14 3.Respiratory System Resistance, 27 4.Control of Breathing, 42 5.Pulmonary Ventilation, 59 6.The Pulmonary Circulation, 73 7.Distribution of Pulmonary Ventilation and Perfusion, 88 8.Diffusion of Respiratory Gases, 111 9.Carbon Dioxide, 122 10.Oxygen, 136 11.Nonrespiratory Functions of the Lung, 164
Part 2:Applied Physiology
12.Pregnancy, Neonates and Children, 175 13.Exercise, 183 14.Sleep, 191 15.Obesity, 199 16.High Altitude and Flying, 205 17.High Pressure and Diving, 218 18.Respiration in Closed Environments and Space, 225 19.Drowning, 233 20.Smoking and Air Pollution, 236 21.Anaesthesia, 244 22.Changes in the Carbon Dioxide Partial Pressure, 268 23.Hypoxia, 273 24.Anaemia, 279 25.Oxygen Toxicity and Hyperoxia, 285 26.Comparative Respiratory Physiology, 299
Part 3:Physiology of Pulmonary Disease
27.Ventilatory Failure, 316 28.Airways Disease, 324 29.Pulmonary Vascular Disease, 339 30.Diseases of the Lung Parenchyma and Pleura, 349 31.Acute Lung Injury, 365 32.Respiratory Support and Artificial Ventilation, 375 33.Pulmonary Surgery, 398
Appendix A Physical Quantities and Units of Measurement, 412 Appendix B The Gas Laws, 415 Appendix C Conversion Factors for Gas Volumes, 417 Appendix D Symbols and Abbreviations, 418 Appendix E Mathematical Functions Relevant to Respiratory Physiology, 419
34.The Atmosphere 35.The History of Respiratory Physiology
Test your Knowledge Access via Expert Consult - see inside front cover for instructions.