- Inbunden (Hardback)
- Antal sidor
- Manchester University Press
- Kirchner, Emil J. (series ed.)/Christiansen, Thomas (series ed.)/Kirchner, Emil J. (series ed.)/Christiansen, Thomas (series ed.)
- 235 x 163 x 19 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 400 g
Du kanske gillar
48 Laws of Power
All About Love
Democratic Citizenship and the European Unionav Albert Weale869
This book analyses the political legitimacy of the European Union, taking democratic citizenship seriously. Developing a distinctive normative theory of political association, it evaluates the project of European integration in terms of democratic values. It argues that the goods of democratic citizenship have been advanced by European integration in many respects, including environmental policy. In other respects, including social policy, democratic citizenship is best advanced by keeping primary political authority at the level of the nation-state. Weale develops these arguments through an original interplay of political science and political theory. The contents combine original normative political theory, drawing on the concept of practical reason, with applications to the fields of social policy, environmental policy, security policy and enlargement. The book is primarily an original work of political theory, but it will be of interest to all those concerned about the future of the European Union. It is written in a style that makes it accessible to students on advanced courses as well as specialists. -- .
- Skickas inom 7-10 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 159 kr för privatpersoner.
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av Albert Weale
Albert Weale is Professor of Government at the University of Essex -- .
1. The European transformation 2. Democratic citizenship 3. Political association 4. Social rights beyond the single market? 5. Environmental protection 6. Security policy 7. Citizenship and enlargement 8. Political powers and rights -- .