- Häftad (Paperback / softback)
- Antal sidor
- New e.
- Perseus Books
- Goodall, Jane (foreword)/Wise, Steven (foreword)/Goodall, Jane (foreword)/Wise, Steven (foreword)
- black & white illustrations
- 229 x 152 x 25 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 323:B&W 6 x 9 in or 229 x 152 mm Perfect Bound on Groundwood w/Gloss Lam
- 472 g
Du kanske gillar
#Eat Meat Less
Rattling The Cage
Toward Legal Rights For Animals219
Rattling the Cage explains how the failure to recognize the basic legal rights of chimpanzees and bonobos in light of modern scientific findings creates a glaring contradiction in our law. In this witty, moving, persuasive, and impeccably researched argument, Wise demonstrates that the cognitive, emotional, and social capacities of these apes entitle them to freedom from imprisonment and abuse.
- Skickas inom 5-8 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 159 kr för privatpersoner.
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Steven M. Wise, J.D., has practiced animal law for over twenty years and has taught at the Harvard, Vermont, and John Marshall law schools. He is President of the centre for the Expansion of Fundamental Rights, which he founded in 1995. The author of Rattling the Cage, praised by Cass Sunstein as "an impassioned, fascinating, and in many ways startling book" (New York Times Book Review), and Drawing the Line, which Nature called "provocative and disturbing," he has been profiled nationally by such publications as the New York Times, the Washington Post, and Time magazine.
* The Problem with Being a Thing * Trapped in a Universe That No Longer Exists * The Legal Thinghood of Nonhuman Animals * Border Crossing * What Are Legal Rights? * Liberty and Equality * Consciousness, Taxonomy and Minds * Seasons of the Mind * Chimpanzee and Bonono minds * Bending Toward Justice * Epilogue: Other Cafes, Other Peaks