- Inbunden (Hardback)
- Antal sidor
- Rev e.
- 236 x 160 x 29 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 500 g
Du kanske gillar
The Promise of Mediation: The Transformative Approach to Conflict
Responding to Conflict Through Empowerment and Recognition
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
In this new edition, the authors draw on a decade of work in theory development, training, practice, research, and assessment to present a thoroughly revised and updated account of the transformative model of mediation and its practical application, including
* a compelling description of how the field has moved toward increasing acceptance of the transformative model
* a new and clearer presentation of the theory and practices of transformative mediation, with many concrete examples
* a new case study that provides a vivid picture of the model in practice, with a commentary full of new information about how to use it effectively
* clarifications of common misconceptions about the model
* a vision for the future that shows how the model can coexist with other approaches and where the "market" for transformative mediation is emerging
This volume is a foundational resource on transformative practice, for both readers of the first edition and new readers - including mediators, facilitators, lawyers, administrators, human resource professionals, policymakers, and conflict resolution researchers and educators. More generally, this book will strike a chord with anyone interested in humanizing our social institutions and building on a relational vision of society.
Passar bra ihop
De som köpt den här boken har ofta också köpt Overcoming The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A F... av Patrick M Lencioni (häftad).Köp båda 2 för 782 kr
Fler böcker av författarna
La Promesa De La Mediacion: Como Afrontar El Conflicto Mediante La Revalorizacion y El Reconocimiento
Joseph P Folger, Robert A Baruch Bush
La mediacin no es slo un mtodo para la resolucin de conflictos y el logro de acuerdos. En este libro, Robert Baruch Bush y Joseph Folger sostienen el potencial de cambio que cada persona inmersa en un conflicto lleva consigo, descubriendo sus prop...
Recensioner i media
I recommend this book as it provokes creative thought, encompasses positive aspirational goals and broadens the perspective of practicing mediators. (IAM Mediation Newsletter; 12/1/2004)
Bloggat om The Promise of Mediation: The Transformat...
Robert A. Baruch Bush and Joseph P. Folger are the acknowledged originators of the transformative model of mediation and its best--known exponents. They are cofounders of the Institute for the Study of Conflict Transformation. Bush is the Rains Distinguished Professor of Alternative Dispute Resolution Law at Hofstra University School of Law. He has authored more than two dozen articles and books on mediation and alternative dispute resolution. Folger is professor of adult and organizational development at Temple University. He has published extensively on mediation and conflict and is coauthor of the award--winning text Working Through Conflict: Strategies for Relationships, Groups and Organizations.
1. The Mediation Field: An Overview and Four Stories.
2. A Transformative View of Conflict and Mediation.
3. Gaining Sight of the Goal of Transformation.
4. Putting Transformative Theory into Practice: The Purple House Mediation, with CommentaryPart One.
5. Putting Transformative Theory into Practice: The Purple House Mediation, with CommentaryPart Two.
6. Myths and Misconceptions About Transformative Mediation.
7. Paths Toward the Future: Living with Differences in Values and Practice.
About the Authors.