- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- Friends of ACUNS Book Award
- Cambridge University Press
- black & white illustrations
- Series Number 82 The UN and Human Rights: Who Guards the Guardians?
- 230 x 153 x 28 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 2:B&W 6 x 9 in or 229 x 152 mm Perfect Bound on Creme w/Gloss Lam
- 770 g
Du kanske gillar
The UN and Human Rights
Who Guards the Guardians?
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
Fler böcker av Guglielmo Verdirame
Recensioner i media
'... this book deserves to be highly commended for highlighting an important problem - the lack of accountability of the UN - and systematically looking at the practice of the organisation and the obligations involved.' Tiina Pajuste, British Yearbook of International Law
'Verdirame has produced an excellent and sophisticated study of a complex issue, passionately defending the need to protect individuals from human rights violations by international organizations but acknowledging that organizations need to be left some leeway as well in dealing with policy dilemmas.' Jan Klabbers, International Organizations Law Review
Bloggat om The UN and Human Rights
Guglielmo Verdirame is Professor of International Law at the Department of War Studies and the School of Law at King's College London. Before taking on this position, he was a Lecturer at the University of Cambridge and Fellow of the Lauterpacht Centre for International Law. His main areas of research and teaching are public international law, and legal and political philosophy. He is a barrister at 20 Essex Street chambers, London.
1. Introduction; 2. Concepts and definitions; 3. Human rights obligations of international organisations; 4. International institutional responsibility; 5. UN relief and development operations; 6. UN peacekeeping; 7. International administrations; 8. Implementation of UN sanctions; 9. Accountability; 10. Conclusions.