- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- Cambridge University Press
- Gilmour, Iain / Sephton, Mark A.
- 29 halftones 173 colour pl, 46 tables 68 exercises
- 200 colour illus. 68 exercises
- 265 x 215 x 25 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 1115 g
Du kanske gillar
An Introduction to Astrobiology
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
Laddas ned direkt599
Fler böcker av David A Rothery
Bloggat om An Introduction to Astrobiology
David A. Rothery is a volcanologist and planetary scientist at The Open University, with a background in geological remote sensing and a special fascination for the satellites of the outer planets. He has been involved in several space missions, and leads the Surface and Composition Working Group for the European Space Agency's BepiColombo mission to Mercury. Iain Gilmour is Professor of Isotope Geochemistry at The Open University, where he undertakes research on the geochemistry of past climate change and large scale planetary impacts. He has taught on a wide range of Open University Science modules in the geosciences and planetary sciences as well as delivering courses at other institutions. Mark A. Sephton is Professor of Organic Geochemistry and Meteoritics and Head of the Department of Earth Science and Engineering at Imperial College London. His research interests focus on organic records on Earth and in space.
1. Origin of life; 2. Habitable world; 3. Mars; 4. Icy bodies: Europa and elsewhere; 5. Titan; 6. The detection of exoplanets; 7. The nature of exoplanetary systems; 8. How to find life on exoplanets; 9. Extraterrestrial intelligence; Answers and comments; Appendices; Glossary; Further reading; Acknowledgements; Figure references; Index.