- Häftad (Paperback / softback)
- Antal sidor
- John Wiley & Sons Inc
- King, Pamela Ebstyne / Bronk, Kendall Cotton
- black & white illustrations
- 228 x 152 x 12 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 23:B&W 6 x 9 in or 229 x 152 mm Perfect Bound on White w/Gloss Lam
- 136 g
Du kanske gillar
Exemplar Methods and Research: Strategies for Investigation
New Directions for Child and Adolescent Development, Number 142
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
Fler böcker av författarna
Bloggat om Exemplar Methods and Research: Strategies...
M. Kyle Matsuba is the author of Exemplar Methods and Research: Strategies for Investigation: New Directions for Child and Adolescent Development, Number 142, published by Wiley.
1. An Introduction to Exemplar Research: A Definition, Rationale, and Conceptual Issues 1 Kendall Cotton Bronk, Pamela Ebstyne King, M. Kyle Matsuba This opening chapter introduces the reader to exemplar research by highlighting the strength to this methodological approach, raising important conceptual issues when adopting thismethodology, and linking these issues to the subsequent chapters. 2. Why a True Account of Human Development Requires Exemplar Research 13 William Damon, Anne Colby The authors, trailblazers of the contemporary exemplar method, persuasively argue for an exemplar methodological approach to the study of human development, highlighting the problems that may emerge when researchers neglect this approach. 3. Exemplars Moral Behavior Is Self-Regarding 27 Lawrence J. Walker Professor Walker presents his program of research on moral exemplars revealing important self- and other-promoting moralmotivational sources behind moral behavior and offers a developmental account of how this unfolds. 4. Cultural and Contextual Issues in Exemplar Research 41 Pamela Ebstyne King, Ross A. Oakes Mueller, James Furrow In this chapter, King and colleagues present some of the methodological complexities in conducting exemplar research in various cultural contexts, and provide valuable insights into what researchers ought to consider before entering the field. 5. The Making of an Environmental Activist: A Developmental Psychological Perspective 59 M. Kyle Matsuba, Michael W. Pratt Upon reviewing the literature of environmental activists, Matsuba and Pratt offer a developmental psychological account of how environmental activists emerge. 6. Informative and Inspirational Contributions of Exemplar Studies 75 Daniel A. Hart, Theresa Murzyn, Lisa Archibald Hart and colleagues offer a critical commentary of the preceding chapters, highlighting their strengths, and discuss the general benefits of using exemplar methodologies to better understand human functioning. INDEX 85