- Häftad (Paperback / softback)
- Antal sidor
- 4 New edition
- 69 Line drawings, black and white; 28 Tables, black and white; 69 Illustrations, black and white
- 244 x 173 x 18 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 658 g
Du kanske gillar
An International Perspective573
Health Economics: An International Perspective is the only textbook to provide a truly international, comparative treatment of health economics. Offering an analysis of health systems across borders, the fourth edition of this key text has been updated and revised to take account of changes in a host of countries. This edition features an expanded introduction, providing better grounding for many of the examples that come in subsequent chapters and making it easier for non-health care experts to see the links between the theory, the examples, and the health care system components. It also boasts a re-structured format, dividing the book into two broad sections: the first focuses on ideas and principles, along with evidence on their applications in the health sector, while the second focuses on introducing core tools and techniques used in applied health economics research. Further updates to this edition include: two new chapters on applied econometrics; more discussion of how the need for healthcare and access to healthcare are defined and measured; a new chapter on emerging issues for health systems that are emanating from a series of global transitions both within (e.g., demographic change, epidemiological change, global resolution on universal health coverage) and without the health sector (e.g., economic transitions). Throughout the text, examples and illustrations are taken from a wide range of settings and world regions, providing a unique overview of the performance of different health systems.
- Skickas inom 10-15 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 159 kr för privatpersoner.
Passar bra ihop
De som köpt den här boken har ofta också köpt Become A Nutrition Ninja: A Proven Method To Lo... av Betsy Pake (häftad).Köp båda 2 för 712 kr
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Barbara McPake, Director, Nossal Institute for Global Health, University of Melbourne Charles Normand, Professor of the Economics of Palliative Care and Rehabilitation, Cicely Saunders Institute, King's College London and Emeritus Professor, Centre for Health Policy and Management, Trinity College, University of Dublin Samantha Smith, Research Affiliate, Social Division, Economic and Social Research Institute, Dublin Dr Anne Nolan, Associate Research Professor, Social Division, Economic and Social Research Institute, Dublin
1. Introduction PART 1 Introductory health economics 2. The Demand for health and health services 3. Production, health and health care: efficient use of inputs 4. Cost of delivering health services 5. Basic market models 6. Supplier-induced demand and agency 7. Market failure and government PART 2 Economic evaluation 8. The theoretical bases of economic evaluation 9. Issues in the measurement of costs 10. Measuring benefits in economic evaluation 11. Practical steps in economic evaluation 12. Economic evaluation as a framework for choice PART 3 Further economics of markets and market intervention 13. Contracting 14. Market structures 15. Hospital and health provider behaviour and motivation 16. The economics of regulation 17. Incentives and agency PART 4 The economics of health systems 18. Health systems: a framework for analysis 19. Tax and social health insurance mechanisms 20. Private financing mechanisms 21. Health systems around the world 22. Parallel systems 23. The economics of health sector reform