- Inbunden (Hardback)
- Antal sidor
- Rouse, Martyn / Black Hawkins, Kristine
- 37 Tables, black and white
- 234 x 156 x 11 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 52:B&W 6.14 x 9.21in or 234 x 156mm (Royal 8vo) Case Laminate on White w/Gloss Lam
- 427 g
Du kanske gillar
Achievement and Inclusion in Schools1728
**Winner of the nasen Special Educational Needs Academic Book award 2008** There is an enduring and widespread perception amongst policy makers and practitioners that certain groups of children, in particular those who find learning difficult, have a detrimental effect on the achievement of other children. Challenging this basic assumption, Achievement and Inclusion in Schools argues that high levels of inclusion can be entirely compatible with high levels of achievement and that combining the two is not only possible but essential if all children are to have the opportunity to participate fully in education. Packed with vivid case studies that explore the benefits and tensions for children and schools, this book sets out to answer the following questions: What is the nature of the relationship between the inclusion of some children and the achievement of all? Are there strategies which can raise the achievement of all children, whilst safeguarding the inclusion of others who are more vulnerable? What changes can a school make to ensure high levels of inclusion as well as high levels of achievement for all its children? Achievement and Inclusion in Schools offers an up-to-date analysis of current issues, provides practical guidance for practitioners and policy-makers, and will be of interest to anyone passionate about inclusive education.
- Skickas inom 10-15 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 159 kr för privatpersoner.
Passar bra ihop
De som köpt den här boken har ofta också köpt Special Education and School Reform in the Unit... av Maggie McLaughlin, Martyn Rouse (häftad).Köp båda 2 för 2397 kr
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Kristine Black-Hawkins is Lecturer in Inclusive and Special Education at the Faculty of Education, University of Cambridge, England. Lani Florian is Professor of Social and Educational Inclusion at the School of Education, University of Aberdeen, Scotland. Martyn Rouse is Professor of Social and Educational Inclusion and Director of the Inclusive Practice Project at the School of Education, University of Aberdeen, Scotland.
1. Introduction 2. Achievement and Inclusion: Ways of Understanding 3. Researching Achievement: Researching Inclusion 4. National Data Sets: What Do They Tell Us about Achievement and Inclusion? 5. Ways of Understanding: Achievement + Inclusion = Participation 6. Achievement and Inclusion in Amadeus School 7. Achievement and Inclusion in Kingsley Primary School 8. Achievement and Inclusion in Chester Community School 9. Achievement and Inclusion in the Harbour School 10. Researching In, On and With Schools 11. Conclusions: What Do We Know about Achievement and Inclusion?