- Inbunden (Hardback)
- Antal sidor
- black and white 10 Tables 24 Line drawings, black and white 13 Halftones black and white 37
- 24 Line drawings, black and white; 13 Halftones, black and white; 10 Tables, black and white; 37 Ill
- Antal komponenter
Du kanske gillar
The Sum of Us
Time Geography in the Global Context
Time-geography is a mode of thinking that helps us understand change processes in society, the wider context and the ecological consequences of human actions. This book brings together international time-geographic research from a range of disciplines. Swedish geographer Torsten Hagerstrand is a key foundation for this book, and an introductory biography charts the influences that led to the formation of his theories. A central theme across time-geography research is recognizing time and space as unity. Contributions from the Netherlands, the USA, Japan, China, Norway and Sweden showcase the diverse palette of time-geography research. Chapters study societies adjusting to rapid urbanization, or investigate the need for structural changes in childcare organization. The book also delves into green transportation and the interplay between humans and nature in landscape transformation. Applicational chapters look at ICT effects on young people's daily life and methods for engaging clients in treatment practice. This book situates the outlook for this developing branch of research and the application of time-geography to societal and academic contexts. Its interdisciplinary nature will appeal to postgraduates and researchers who are interested in human geography, urban and regional planning and sociology.
- Skickas inom 7-10 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 159 kr för privatpersoner.
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av Kajsa Ellegard
Time-geography is a mode of thinking that helps in the understanding of change in society, the wider context and ecological consequences of human actions. This book presents its assumptions, concepts and methods, and example applications. The inte...
Kajsa Ellegard is Professor in Technology and Social Change, Linkoeping University, Sweden.
1. Introduction: The Roots and Diffusion of Time-Geography (Kajsa Ellegard) 2. Time-Geography in Japan : Its Application to Urban Life (Kohei Okamoto and Yoshio Arai) 3. The Time-geographic Approach in Research on Urban China's Transition (Yanwei Chai, Yan Zhang and Yiming Tan) 4. Green, Healthy Time-Geography: Using Time-Geographic Concepts for Sustainable Mobility Research (Harvey J. Miller, Ying Song and Calvin P. Tribby) 5. Bringing the Background to the Fore: Time-Geography and the Study of Mobile ICTs in Everyday Life (Eva Thulin and Bertil Vilhelmson) 6. A Relational Interpretation of Time-Geography (Martin Dijst) 7. The Time-Geographic Diary Method in Studies of Everyday Life (Eva Magnus) 8. What about Landscape in Time-Geography? The role of the landscape concept in Torsten Hagerstrand's thinking (Tomas Germundsson and Carl-Johan Sanglert)